Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Small overlap is a pretty cruel test, especially on vehicles that were never designed for it like the 2nd gen Pilot.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Test dummy seemed to go between side and steering wheel air bag.
Yea, they never showed the dummy to see what impacts it had. I'm gonna guess the upper body was OK but if the footwell isn't strong enough there may have been some lower leg damage.

I prefer not to watch those videos because I always end up watching the '59 Impala video and it makes me sad.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, they never showed the dummy to see what impacts it had. I'm gonna guess the upper body was OK but if the footwell isn't strong enough there may have been some lower leg damage.

I prefer not to watch those videos because I always end up watching the '59 Impala video and it makes me sad.
Maybe why so few have responded to the thread, lol.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Agreed that was painful to watch a unique vehicle that represents a simpler time in America that's nearly irreplaceable get destroyed in seconds.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Agreed that was painful to watch a unique vehicle that represents a simpler time in America that's nearly irreplaceable get destroyed in seconds.
True but the car in that video was a 4 door, and unfortunately compared to the 2 door versions they are never as valuable and likely never will be.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Jeez it just doesn't seem like that much damage. I can't begin to think what would take half the value or more of a brand new car with so little visible damage.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
1 - 20 of 172 Posts