Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

I am new to this group, I have Pilot 2017 touring model. Recently I saw Pilot 2019 touring in a showroom and noticed they have updated software for RES with apps built in it and works with wifi connected to the car.

Is there a way I can update the software of RES to that. It looks cool and my daughter can stream youtube/pbs from it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
doubtful. its one of the features and reasons honda wants you to make a bad decision to upgrade from your 17 to 19
look at the 2016 pilot. had no android auto or apple carplay. then the 2017+ had it. 2016 and 2017 are near identical. even the infotainment, and still honda didnt provide a software update for the 2016 to get android auto and apple car play. they claimed it was something in the hardware. thats BS

·
Registered
980 Posts
doubtful. its one of the features and reasons honda wants you to make a bad decision to upgrade from your 17 to 19
look at the 2016 pilot. had no android auto or apple carplay. then the 2017+ had it. 2016 and 2017 are near identical. even the infotainment, and still honda didnt provide a software update for the 2016 to get android auto and apple car play. they claimed it was something in the hardware. thats BS
Honda does not want to backward please customers, and only wants you to buy their cars and not bother them for anything. Mazda apparently allow 2014 and up owners to upgrade to CP/AA, with some fees (hardware and installation). Honda would never do this. We can complain all day long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts