Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Honda pilot 2016 GCC specification , equivalent to Elite trim. I want to know whether there external Amplifier installed in it and if yes then what is the location of the amp?

Second thing is that it comes with 10 speakers and subwoofer..... how can I test that woofer is working, can someone please guide me as I dont know much about audio stuff....

The sound i think is poor not good enough for a car with 10 speakers and subwoofer... Can someone tell me how can I test that woofer is working and also where is the amp located in the car.

Any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have Honda pilot 2016 GCC specification , equivalent to Elite trim. I want to know whether there external Amplifier installed in it and if yes then what is the location of the amp?
I have the Touring and the amp is behind the kick panel under the glove box in the front passenger foot well. The attached pic was posted in another thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Let me save you the trouble:
Your sub and amp are working.
They are never going to play very loud. They are primarily used for noise cancellation.

Lots of threads on here talking about alternatives.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
The external amp isn't really just a multichannel amp, it has a DSP and does lots of massaging of the audio. It's not a high power subwoofer amp, and the factory sub isn't designed to take big power. If you want big thump, put in a powered enclosed sub somewhere ( self-powered or powered by another amp ).

But I think much of the issue with "lack of bass" is all the low-frequency noise from the engine. Compare with the engine off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts