Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Have you seen the range go down between switching off the engine and turning it on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This may seem like a trivial issue, but I would really appreciate a solution from the knowledgeable people on this forum.

I own a Pilot 2016 EX-L with Honda Sensing. I live in a condo building with valet parking. When I want to use the car, a valet walks down to the underground garage and brings it out. When I return, I park in the front and leave the key in, and the valet drives it to the underground garage. Distance from the garage doesn't exceed 500 feet.

One thing I have noticed is that the range goes down by a mile or two between when I leave the car and when I get it the next day. I had concerns about misuse because I once walked down to the garage to retrieve something from the car and found music playing in the Accessory mode. I complained about that and now regularly check the music to see if it has forwarded by much between the time I park and get it the next day, and this problem seems to have disappeared. While it's technically possible someone may have been still playing music, I consider it unlikely they would be so careful each time to ensure the playlist is aligned.

So, my question is, is it possible for the range to go down by a mile or two when the car is parked? I don't think any of the valets would dare take it out for a drive since I ask for the car at irregular intervals (I don't commute at specific times). So, how is the range going down in 24 hours from when I park the car and then get it again, having not been driven for more than 1000 feet?

The poll is to understand how many, if any, have faced the same issue.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I will check mine over the next few days and do the poll.

In terms of them taking out idk. I would say snap a pic of the mileage when you drop it off and then compare to pick up just to see and invest in a dash camera also just in case they do take it out you have proof or something else happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. From your vote, can I assume you have not encountered this problem? I'm confident that the valets don't drive the vehicle outside since there's a risk I can ask for it anytime. But there maybe something fishy going on. Another thing I noticed is that they turn the light switch from AUTO to OFF. Now, one key always remains inside the vehicle. Do they turn the light OFF to prevent it from being kept on, or is there some other motive?

You mentioned dash cam. Can you recommend any and provide Amazon listings?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts