Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday night I was pulled out by the police because my tail lights don't work. I'm confused about the Driver's Manual
to find the location of the respective fuse. Brake Lights and Turn Lights work.

If I select the Lights switch to AUTO during daylight ops the DLR amber message light appears in the dash gauges.
Does anybody knows the location and the Amps specification of the fuse? I have two fuse compartments, one under the hood
and another under the dash. The third one in the cargo compartment LH has an access panel but when this is opened I don't
find fuses...

I appreciate any ideas I can get!
Thanks in advance guys...

Matt

·
Registered
89 Posts
They are located in the fuse panel under the dash. I can't remember which one it is off the top of my head but I blew the parking/taillights and the turn signal fuses when trying to install LED's with encoders to replace the amber bulbs up front.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your soon response, awesome!
I checked the fuses under the dash and under the hood. They all look pretty good, it seems not a single one is blown out. They are very small fuses, I got now a selection of spare fuses but I don't know how to determine a blown out fuse.
So I recognized today that also the turn signal doesn't come on when I close or open my car but it works when activating the hazard flashing light switch.
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I have to measure them from their test points in situ to ground and have to see if I get around 12 VDC...

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi Matt. Look to see if the parking lights work correctly in the front. In the rear, there are side-marker bulbs at the bottom sides of the lamp housings that normally come on with the parking lights. Are they lit? If so, the problem is most likely bulbs rather than fuses. Bulbs fail a lot more frequently than fuses. Fuses are provided to protect wiring, and unless there's a wiring fault or some user event with metal tools they can last forever. Light bulbs, not so much...

The marker and tail light and front parking light bulbs all receive current via fuse 15 (10A) in the under-dash fuse and relay panel. If ALL the lights are out when you select the parking lights position on the stalk, engine running, then look at this fuse.

The turn signal function is separate as far as fuses and supply, but uses bulbs (surprise...). So same discussion applies. The turn signals flash rate is determined by the load on the system. When you say the emergency flashers work, are you looking at the dash indicator or actually looking at the outside bulbs front and rear? If the hazard flashers work, fuse 7 (15A) in the under-dash panel is OK. Symptom diagnosis points next to bulbs.

Has the car been in an accident or had repairs done in the areas of the lamps?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it!!! Needs a measurement, can't be visually checked. The circuit needs also to be powered, Engine running and Light switch in ON.
Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey dr bob, there is, in addition, one bulb of the daylight running system (Left Front u/s) that's why the DLR Light is still illuminating in daylight ops. Next is to replace that bulb and monitor if the replaced fuse still works.
Thanks for the valuable hint with the bulbs!
Thanks and a safe drive for ya...

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Hope this gets resolved fast .. I hate dealing with the OPP all the time when I'm home :)

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Hi Tahoefever,
what does OPP mean?
He can't answer you at the moment. Once again it seems, he's currently in Ontario Provincial Police custody. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts