Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just found out this forum today. I have a 2007 Pilot LX FWD with 123k miles on it. I need to fix the ride quality (shocks etc. have never been changed) and am not sure what parts need to be changed. Can anyone please guide me regarding the parts, brands (OEM vs Aftermarket) and how much approximately i am looking at. Can it be done DIY by someone who has never done any work of this sort. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
For the rear shocks many on this forum have used OEM, KYB, and Monroe. Monroe is supposed to be closer to OEM while KYB is supposed to be a bit stiffer. I went with KYB when I replaced my rear shocks and thought the ride quality was great. It was the first time I had done that job and it took less than an hour. Tools needed were floor jack (not the one that came with the Pilot), jack stands (2), appropriate sockets, breaker bar, and torque wrench.

When I did this job it was when I was first getting into working on cars. At the time I would have considered myself average for mechanical inclination. It was an easy job. The fronts will be more difficult, but I'm not sure how much more since I haven't had to deal with them yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts