Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need to decide which Pilot is better deal and reliability to buy for my teenager daughter. Pilot 2007 sell for $5500 with good maintenance records and Pilot 2008 sell for $9900 with good maintenance records too.

I'm more leading to 2007 but I'm not sure I want another very high mileage car.

I have Odyssey 2006 with 201k miles with original engine and transmission without any major issue and Honda Accord 2004 with 170k miles with original engine and transmission without any major issue too. However, the old Honda car maintenance cost is high.

I just want to hear anyone opinion from this forum before I decide to negotiate with the private seller for better price that close to KBB value.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
760 Posts
If those are only 2- options and she is a good safe driver that is trustworthy- then I would go for low mileage without a second thought -2008 it is

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,593 Posts
That is crazy price for a vehicle that old. As long as the cars were maintained well, mileage doesn’t make a huge difference in terms of reliability. They are both old cars and things will break, but they won’t leave you stranded. Go for the 2007 and try and get the price down.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
Do you know the mileage for each? If they're in the same ballpark and both have good service records, go for the 2007, since one year shouldn't make that much of a distance between the two.

Have the timing belts been changed?

Do you know the trim levels?

In any case, be sure to run the VIN and get it inspected by a trusted mechanic first.

If it doesn't work out, you've got a plan B Pilot, but try to get the price down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your opinion. Both is EXL. 2007 with 191k and 2008 with 58k. I will ask sellers on timing belt and water pump changed. I will take my mechanic to check and run VIN after I know which one is good invest emend for my tight budget.

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts