Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing the starter, and the battery, my car was on the move again!...but, only for a few hours where it promptly died. I am at a loss as to what the problem could be. The work was performed by a friend, who lives some distance away, so before going to the expense of having it towed to a mechanic, I wondered if anyone had any tips, for how to trouble shoot. (Jumper cables would not get the engine to turn over) Headlights, dash, interior lights, all have power...

·
Registered
226 Posts
was the starter OEM or a reman from the parts store? if the latter, its possibly a lemon. can you crank it while tapping the starter with a hammer?

could be the alternator. pilots go crazy when they start to die. may want to have it tested.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sounds like alternator. Have you had the charging system tested? If you drove on battery alone, it will take a long time to get the battery to a state where the car will start. Do you have a proper battery charger (a trickle charger likely won't cut it)? I would charge the battery and see if it starts, if it does, I would go straight to the local auto parts store and have the charging system tested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts