Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pilot SE AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Pilot SE AWD and I’m using the Veepeak OBDcheck Bluetooth scanner and OBD Fusion app. All the preloaded PIDs work fine but I can’t get the user defined PID for the transmission temp to work. I have searched this forum extensively and tried all the different suggestions from previous posts before asking. It’s possible I have a typo or other error but I’m starting to wonder if it has to do with my transmission being the 9AT and not the 6AT. I’ve not found any posts that this was used on 9AT. Below is the PID settings I’ve entered. Any insight would be appreciated. Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia Software Font Screenshot Multimedia Darkness Number

·
Registered
448 Posts
Try the Car Scanner app. I have the 6AT but the standard transmission temp PID worked fine for me, no custom one required.

·
Registered
2021 Pilot SE AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll try that, thanks. I’ve sent an email to customer service for OBD Fusion. I’ll update if they have an insight.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Been reported before that the 9 speed does not show transmission temp using a scanner. So far I haven't read of anyone who has successfully done so with anything other than the 6 speed.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
This is what I know works on my 6 speed. Looks like you may be missing a couple of 2s?

OBD2 Mode and PID: 222201
Long Name: Transmission Temp F
Short Name: ATF Temp
Minimum value: -40
Maximum value: 300
Scale factor: x1
Equation: AA*(9/5)-40
Overrides PID: "Does not override any PIDs"

·
Registered
2021 Pilot SE AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been reported before that the 9 speed does not show transmission temp using a scanner. So far I haven't read of anyone who has successfully done so with anything other than the 6 speed.
That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Pilot SE AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OBD Fusion customer service replied with the following:
“It's likely the PID definitions are different for the different transmission types. What custom PID were you trying to use?”
Hopefully they can help. If I get it figured out I’ll be sure to post what worked.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,331 Posts
What you're going to have to do is step up a level from the basic consumer spec OBD2 set up to a Fox well Scanner that can read zf 9 speed, Honda CVT etc trans temps.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I believe some folks over at the Ridgeline forum are monitoring 9 speed TFT.

Reactions: Pilot EX-L 2021

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was looking down at my trans from atop thru to it and noticed a German mfg plate affixed to it next to the ATF 3.x tag. Are our 2021 Pilot EXL transmissions German made?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try the Car Scanner app. I have the 6AT but the standard transmission temp PID worked fine for me, no custom one required.

@anthonysquire I use the Car Scanner app with my Veepack and it reads transmission temps of my 9 speed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious if anyone would like to give these a try on the ZF9 tranny.
Works for me on 2020 Ridgeline w/ ZF9

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some specifics please.....high/low, driving conditions, towing, ambient temps, etc.?
When I towed my SylvanSport GO two weeks ago through the Smokies, the trans never got above 190, and coolant never got above 197. Ambient temps were around 85-90 I think. I'm sorry I didn't pay more attention, but it I was satisfied on how the car performed while towing over all. I just need to get adjusted to the way it tows...this trans is so different from the one in my 2004 Pilot that I towed with previously.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts