Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

Excellent forum! Coming from the S2000 forum, www.s2ki.com, the quality of posts is night and day. I traded in my S2000 for my new baby below. Let me know if anyone is interesed in seeing my old ride. Enjoy!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congratulations!

That Honda Midnight Blue has got to be one of my ALL TIME favorite colors! I have a mountain bike that matches it beautifully!

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome! In honor of all the SS Pilot owners out there, I have to say "I think you chose the best color!" :jester:

Any plans for accessories in the future?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
nice...real nice

·
Registered
316 Posts
Blue's very cool

It has a very close resemblence to Night Hawk Black Pearls color since Black has blue metallic flakes in the paint that sparkle in the sun...:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am also a big fan of Night Hawk Black and Sage Brush. As for accessories, I ordered the cargo tray and matching floor mats from www.handa-accessories.com. I am very impressed with how fast they shipped my order.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That dark blue is awesome! Here's a question though: I've always wondered why people blank out their plate numbers on email pics...is that so people can't go to the DMV, find out where you live, and come steal your car?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
joepat said:
That dark blue is awesome! Here's a question though: I've always wondered why people blank out their plate numbers on email pics...is that so people can't go to the DMV, find out where you live, and come steal your car?
Good question! For someone who has access to a DMV search tool, pretty much anything can be found out about the registor of the vehicle. It's a bit scary actually.

·
Registered
207 Posts
central_mo - Looks great!!!! I wish they had that color last year.

Did anyone else notice in the last picture central_mo posted that there is more space between the top of the rear tire and fender than what we have with the '03 Pilots?

Mine, parked on level ground looks lower in the back then this one :confused: I wonder if Honda changed spring rates?

-Pete

·
Registered
283 Posts
01r1 I noticed that too. I was thinking it may be an illusion of the way the Pilot is sitting. Hope someone can tell us this. The rear springs in my 03' could be stiffer. Moving over the last few weeks you can really feel it once you get a heavy load in the back-end. The Pilot still drives nice but there is no comparison to my dad's Yukon loaded down.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The easiest way would be to have 2 members (1) with a 2003 and (1) with a 2004 measure the wheel well gap.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
01r1 said:
central_mo - Looks great!!!! I wish they had that color last year.

Did anyone else notice in the last picture central_mo posted that there is more space between the top of the rear tire and fender than what we have with the '03 Pilots?

I wonder if Honda changed spring rates?

-Pete
Yes, I noticed this too, right away. Maybe it's an optical illusion of sorts. I'll be interested in what the actual measurements are between the 03s and 04s.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
01r1 said:
My '03 has 3.5" of space between the top of the tire and fender.

Any '04's want to measure?
My 04 is close to 4 inches. I didn't have a very good measuring device though.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
roro said:
The easiest way would be to have 2 members (1) with a 2003 and (1) with a 2004 measure the wheel well gap.
Just make sure that each have approximately the same amount of fuel in the tank. Also, a donut spare vs a full size spare may make a slight difference.

Since it's a bit tricky to measure wheel gap, perhaps a more accurate method would be to simply measure from the bottom edge of the bumper or the wheel-well to the (level) ground.

:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I noticed this a while back when I parked next to another '03 Pilot in a parking lot.

My rear bumper appeared slightly higher than that of the Silver EX-L I was next to. I had a nearly full tank of gas at the time. I couldn' t see any cargo in the back of the SS. Wierd............:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts