Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to share that I have finally struck a deal after quite a bit of work. I have given a deposit and the brand new pilot came off the rail yesterday. I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to get it, but I decided to go for the one on the lot rather than a promise of one from the local dealer. "Sure, we can get one in Silver from our other store, everybody has silver. oh that was a demo, they have one in Phoenix but I have to see what options it has. I'll call you right back.".......

I have read the posts about "blotchy" paint, but I was wondering if anyone had any pointers for inspecting the vehicle (paint or otherwise) prior to driving it all the way home?

Thanks

·
Registered
964 Posts
300MileTrip said:
I just had to share that I have finally struck a deal after quite a bit of work. I have given a deposit and the brand new pilot came off the rail yesterday. I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to get it, but I decided to go for the one on the lot rather than a promise of one from the local dealer. "Sure, we can get one in Silver from our other store, everybody has silver. oh that was a demo, they have one in Phoenix but I have to see what options it has. I'll call you right back.".......

I have read the posts about "blotchy" paint, but I was wondering if anyone had any pointers for inspecting the vehicle (paint or otherwise) prior to driving it all the way home?

Thanks
Congratulations 300MileTrip. Check out this thread for some more info on what to look for. It's the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection I think) for the Pilot and some words on the 4 rubber plugs. You'll know what I mean after you read. My post is about 20 posts from the top of the tread. I wasn't the first to post it but I couldn't find any of the others. Print the PDI out and take it with you to the dealer. I found a few things that the dealer didn't know anything about including the rubber plugs.

Good luck, and happy Piloting.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Don't assume anything. Always inspect during the day. Test drive and turn everthing on and off. Take your time and check the body for scratches, dents, and chips. Open and close all the doors, the tailgate, and hood. Check interior. My Pilot had a scratch on the leather center console armrest. I had the dealer swap it out.

·
Registered
495 Posts
SS?

Could you please tell me what the "SS" stands for? TIA.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Starlite Silver

·
Registered
495 Posts
wwong said:
Starlite Silver
Thanks, wwong. :1pat:

<blockquote><i>Have you seen my baseball??!!??</i></blockquote>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you guys for the replies. I had something come up and had to leave yesterday before anyone responded so I will check out the post mentioned and hope for the best. Everyhting fine as far as visual inspection. I am SO happy with the Pilot so far. The experience with the dealer was by far the best experience I have had. I got it from Valley Hi Honda in Victorville CA. The salesman (Scott Boyd) gave me a quote over the phone and faxed it. HGe supplied the VIN when I requested and took a credit card deposit. I showed up and everything was exactly as promised, no BS at all. Plus, they beat the credit union interest and matched the online quote for the 6 yr / 100,000 mile zero-deductible warranty. He agave me a thorough run-through of the vehicle before I left. It went so well that I drove off the lot in shock. I have owned Hondas before, but never new. I dealt with many other dealers while shopping and they were all blown out of the water by this dealer in terms of price, service, honesty. Yeah!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts