Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be taking delivery of a new 2021 EX-L Navi in Platinum White Pear on Monday. Will be trading in the '19 EX-L Navi in Lunar Silver.

I swore that after the '19 that I would leave the Honda family. But, I kept looking to see what other new vehicles were coming and not much impressed me. When the dealer called me with a great offer on a '21, we discussed it and jumped. We lease our Hondas and locking in a great payment for 3 years was the smart thing to do for us.

The 9-sp transmission is now standard across the line, as is the Stop/Start feature. I have driven rentals with the S/S feature and never found it that annoying. Keeping my fingers crossed that the transmission will be smooth for us.

So happy to be going back to the White. We had a '17 Pilot that was White and I loved it. Like the Lunar Silver also, but prefer the White.

Reactions: Aviator6 and ys1219

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2019 EX-L was a lemon. After 18 months and too many issues, traded it back to dealer. Couldn’t find another SUV that met my needs (space for me and dog gear). Pathfinder redesign is still months out. Picking up my white/beige EXL this week. No recalls were done on this one. Added the heated steering wheel. Best price w/o wheel $36,400. Could I have done better? Recommendations where to buy for cargo mat, door edge guards. Already have weathertech mats moving from old car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sucks when you have issues with a new vehicle. Our '16 Pilot had issues and I was more than happy to get rid of it for the '17.

The pandemic has pushed quite a few new releases back. The MDX is now going to be a '22.

We had narrowed our other choices to a CX-9 or an Enclave. We had an Enclave prior to the Pilots and liked it. But, comparing feature-feature and cost the Pilot won out. The CX-9 was eliminated when we discovered that Mazda was not updating the infotainment system in the CX-9 for the Canadian market.

We considered the Hyundai/Kia 3-rows only briefly when we saw the prices. I didn't see the value of paying over $50K Canadian for a Hyundai Palisade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts