Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting some creaking in the right tailgate strut on my 2011 EX 4WD Pilot. I've been looking at parts online to replace both of them . As part of my search for the best price, I have found different SKUs for the tailgate stay. HondaPartsOnline.net has 74820-SZA-305 listed as a replacement for 74820-SZA-A11. HondaPartsNow.com sells both of them with slightly differing descriptions. The 74820-SZA-305 is described as a Stay, Tailgate Open while the 74820-SZA-A11 is described as a Stay Assy., Tailgate Open and Lift Cylinder. Is there any appreciable difference?

I would post links, but I'm a first time poster.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,016 Posts
Check the sticker on your tailgate strut to see if there is a Honda part number on there. Or it might be stamped onto the shaft/tube.
You can also check:
Hondaautomotiveparts.com
to see which part they specify.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Until just now, I've only checked the strut on the right (the creaking one). It doesn't have any Honda part number that I've been able to search. The one on the left is 74820-SZA-A11. I'm assuming that the right strut failed for the previous owner, and it was replaced with the cheapest possible part and has failed again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts