Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over in this thread, I was asking for some advice about what to do about my Pilot purchase dilemma:

Should I:

a. Wait (for who knows how long) for the NHB EX-L Pilot I ordered and got a pretty good deal on
or
b. get a NHB EX-L (with 174 miles on it) from another dealer for not such a good deal

In the end, I threw both options out the window and decided to take a Sagebrush EX-L from the dealer who gave me the good deal.

Why the change in color? I thought I had my heart set on a NHB but I had never really seen one in person before I placed my order. In fact, the only color Pilot I had seen was a Sandstone. I guess that's the problem with buying a car in such short supply - it's not like a dealership has all the colors lined up in the parking lot.

So I received a call from my dealer telling me that my NHB was on a truck and may or may not make it here in time for my vacation. He said they did have a Sagebrush EX-L in and I decided to go down and take a look. At first, I didn't like the lighter interior so much but the outside and inside colors grew on me over the course of about 5 hours (see it at lunch, go back after work with the wife). When I got back to the dealership after work, they had the Sagebrush parked next to a NHB EX (cloth). This was great for comparisons. In the end, I liked the NHB but seeing as I live in the South, this is June, and it was sunny and hot that day, the Sagebrush with the lighter gray interior seemed like it might be a little cooler. Plus, the color of the Sagebrush just started growing on me.

So I picked it up this morning. I found a ton of useful information on this site that helped to strike what I thought to be a pretty good deal. In addition to $1500 off MSRP, after the dealer found out I was going to get an extended warranty from hondawarranty.com, he dropped his price $300 (to $965 6yr/100k/$0ded.) for the exact same Honda Car Warranty. I was going to pass on the dealer-sponsored warranty and just pay for it out-of-pocket sometime in the next couple of years, but this was an even better price than hondawarranty.com so I just decided to get it out of the way.

The dealer also gave me a great price on the accessories I wanted. I was going to get the cargo cover, cargo tray, mud flaps, and trailer hitch (hitch only for bikes). When I told him the prices I was getting from hondacuraworld.com, he agreed to give me the accessories at his personal (employee) cost. That was pretty nice of him, I thought - especially seeing as I made him wait for the hour or so it took me to do a thorough inspection of my new car before I'd sign any papers. I didn't follow the PDI (you can find it here) but I did follow this checklist and it was a great help!

So thanks to everyone here who's been posting all these great suggestions, tips, info, etc!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Woohoo, alright, kman! Congrats!! Great to hear how you ended up with a great deal too. Always nice to hear that.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Congrats! :2: :5: :2: :5: :2:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yipee kman!

Way to go ....

Know you will love it as that is a great color too.

Now go and enjoy your vacation in style!

Don

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome aboard! I wish you good luck w/ your new car. Its very niiiiiice....:7:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
congratulations...enjoy the ride ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts