Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new 2004 Pilot EX Silver today! The wait is finally over. This site is great. During the whole process, I was more knowledgable than the salesman about the features, changes, and problems. Thanks to everyone here.

By the way, I paid invoice + $1000 + $198 doc + tax and tags. I've already ordered and received mudflaps from Tim and have the Weathertech mats on the way. Now, if I can just talk my wife in to more addons. :)

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Great color choice. Congrats!

:needpics:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
dwwall said:
I picked up my new 2004 Pilot EX Silver today! The wait is finally over. This site is great. During the whole process, I was more knowledgable than the salesman about the features, changes, and problems. Thanks to everyone here.

By the way, I paid invoice + $1000 + $198 doc + tax and tags. I've already ordered and received mudflaps from Tim and have the Weathertech mats on the way. Now, if I can just talk my wife in to more addons. :)
Just curious, what was the $ 1,000 for?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Picked up my new Pilot today!

SteveLuman said:
Profit margin? :8:

If dwwall paid invoice, meaning the dealer's invoice, then I would guess that the thousand bucks is dealer profit...

If dwwall paid invoice, meaning the window sticker price, then I would guess that the thousand bucks is BIG TIME dealer profit...

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:) congratulations on your new pilot purchase! nice color!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
dwwall said:
Now, if I can just talk my wife in to more addons. :)
Great car, congratulations! Now tell your wife that it is your moral obligation to get fog lights and chrome bumper garnish. If you need help, have her give me a call.

·
Registered
496 Posts
dwwall said:
I was more knowledgable than the salesman about the features, changes, and problems.
Ditto. My local dealer hadn't rec'd any yet when I went there last Sunday. They didn't know anything about the 2nd row seat change (adjustable). When their 1st one came in on Thursday he called me up and said 'You're right! This is awesome!" :)

Oh, and, yes - I test drove & for sure I'm getting one! :2: The wife even did a better sales job on me than the salesman at the dealer :eek:

kad

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Picked up my new Pilot today!

SteveLuman said:
As kemosabe stated, pure dealer profit.

$26,972 (EX invoice) + $1,000 (profit) + $198 (doc fee, more profit) + $211 (tax) + $45 (tags) = $28426 out the door

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Picked up my new Pilot today!

dwwall said:
As kemosabe stated, pure dealer profit.

$26,972 (EX invoice) + $1,000 (profit) + $198 (doc fee, more profit) + $211 (tax) + $45 (tags) = $28426 out the door
Only $211 in taxes?? Which state are you in?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Re: Re: Picked up my new Pilot today!

gymeni said:
Only $211 in taxes?? Which state are you in?
North Carolina, the taxes are 3% of the difference between purchase price and trade in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
NC Dealer

Can you specify which dealer in NC? You can send me a private message if posting the dealer's name isn't allowed.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Still waiting

I am still waiting for mines. It was suppose to be here last thursday but the shipping company did not load it on the boat (coming from puerto Rico) So they said it will be this thursday and usually, if the shipping company bump it the first time (don't add it to put on more packages because they receive more money with packages than a car being shipped over) they won't do it a second time. I have my fingers cross.

You can imagine how I felt. The dealer said they won't know for certain if it ships until it arrives on the island. So I have to wait in agony until then. :3:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: NC Dealer

abrinkley said:
Can you specify which dealer in NC? You can send me a private message if posting the dealer's name isn't allowed.

Thanks
Hendrick Honda in Charlotte was the first dealership to offer that price. I went back to Leith Honda in Raleigh and they matched it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts