Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pictures of a set of 540's. this one gives you a sense of size (compared to the stock grille). the stock lens covers have PIAA painted white - I scraped off the paint... lol

most of the wiring and the connectors visible underneath have been wrapped with black electrical tape and RTV'ed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
piaa pic 2

As originally packaged, the lens covers pop on and off. To provide a little added security, I drilled holes on both sides and used the stock screws (one on each side of the light that holds the lens/reflector assembly to the housing) to fasten the covers on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pic 3

.yes my car is still dirty... no, I haven't washed it yet... yes, sometime soon... lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pic 4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pic 5

the green circle shows the ground connection (to frame)
the red circle shows the positive connection (to battery)
the blue circle is the relay
the orange circle is the 20 A fuse

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wiring to switch

the wiring runs through the firewall in this area. I had to pull the rubber grommet loose, thread the wires alongside, and then push the grommet back in (as far as possible)...

the green/yellow and brown/white wires are to another project that currently isn't operating properly... :3:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at night

there is a secondary positive that attaches to the switch. I also connected it to straight to the battery so that my PIAA's are independent of my headlights (and ignition switch) - drawback is that it IS possible to leave them on and drain the battery.

here is low beams only (PIAA Xtreme White bulbs)
the lighting in the foreground is from a floodlight on the house

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
low beams and 540's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi beams only (PIAA Xtreme White bulbs)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi beams and 540's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
540's only (last pic)

I had mentioned that I planned on getting the 580 series but changed my mind. PIAA makes a set of Light Locks (made by McGard - same guys who make our wheel locks) but they only fit a 10mm x 1.5 post. The 580's (which are brighter) have a 12mm post.

I forgot to take a front view of all the lights turned on but I can say that they are all the same color (for those of us fashion conscious types)...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Very nice install Samuel2003, thanks for the info & pics. :29:

·
Registered
330 Posts
I agree with borg. Your posts are very informative and the pictures very useful. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Borg and Shutr, thanks for the encouragement!

I've gleaned a lot from you guys and this site and will do my best to "give back" whenever I can! :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Where did you mount the On/Off switch?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brian,

I haven't decided. Right now it's looped over the Tilt Lever (from the back, over, and towards the driver) and it rests against the side of the steering column. It's out of the way and doesn't move around (even without velcro). I'm considering putting it next to the main cabin light switch or on top of the steering wheel column...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts