Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
41 - 60 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I believe the running boards are identical, the lights are underneath, and light up the earth. We have the lighted ones. Kinda nice if you drop something on the ground in the dark, too. You can see the chrome on the running boards in my pic.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just wondering. I'm 50, lived here my whole life, hunt, fish, ice fish, and have never seen the need for snow tires. I'd think the ride and noise wouldn't make changing them worth while?
Actually I've never seen the need for AWD. I have no issues with my Accord and snow tires. Drove right through the storm last week from Riverton WY through Casper (18" of snow) through the hills and back home. Snuck on the Interstate for the few hours it was open. Only have AWD because my wife wanted it, and it is her car. They always close the roads well before I have any issues. I do see plenty of AWD vehicles in the ditch though - probably don't have snow tires. Ride and noise of the new studless tires is equal to all-seasons and much better than the aggressive truck tires. Look at reviews on Consumer Reports.

Can you get by with all seasons - sure. Are they as good in the snow as snow tires - not even close.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really wanted that color but there were no more left in California in the LX

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Looks good. Was the picture taken around noon? :grin:

Thx, haha no it was this morning. We're getting more sun here starting today, a whole whopping 2 seconds a day or something? lol We're getting light around 10am-3pm at the moment SHM.:|

·
Registered
396 Posts
Getting down to 0 degrees F here Christmas night with some snow. I have family in VA and it is supposed to be 80 on Christmas eve there. Crazy.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The weather is a bit nutty. It'll be snowing in the NE well into late May... ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
New tires. Didn't like the factory size on the new wheels. Went with 265/50/20. Looks a lot better IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
New tires. Didn't like the factory size on the new wheels. Went with 265/50/20. Looks a lot better IMO.

What did you do about the speedometer and odometer error? Keep in mind if you do nothing you are required to disclose your lower actual mileage when you sell the car.

41 - 60 of 195 Posts