Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
New shoes!!! From a 2019 Passport with new 265/45/20 Michelin tires. Costco took forever to put them on as they had to "confirm" that they would fit and not rub. I told them it would be fine.

Attachments

Reactions: Pilot954

·
Registered
130 Posts
Figure I would share some quick photos of my '16 Pilot Touring AWD. Has 78k miles. Upon moving to NV I really got into exploring the trails out here but for a bit I only had the Jsport skid plate, Thule Canyon XT basket and LED lights throughout. Recently added the Truxxx 2" lift kit, KMC KM721 18" wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 265/60/18 (30.5"). Hopefully my next time at the lake I can actually use my camera for some nicer photos at sunset like the images before the lift.

Future Plans:
Adding the Thule basket extension this week
Full size 30.5" Nitto spare (need to measure if it will fit in the oem spot otherwise tow hitch and a rear mount)
Steel Braided brake lines
Brake Rotor upgrade (Kinda prefer slotted over drilled but haven't researched this in years)
LED Ditch lights (Nolodesigns hood mount or maybe basket mounted)
Nolodesigns rear diff skid plate once it is released

Service History:
Dont get me started lol. Really only had the Injector issue just outside warranty but my extended covered it. Main problem is Honda techs. Started misfiring and ultimately needed a tow back to the dealer AFTER the injector replacement when it was running smooth before, just had a CEL. Before injectors they sold me on the carbon clean solution a few weeks before. I did have pumps get replaced under warranty but possibly because my wife used to daily this and would love to run it to E which is bad since fuel cools the pumps usually. Lastly, did my timing belt at 77k miles along with the oil pump seals, well when it came home it leaked all over the driveway of my new home.

The injector and timing belt issues were two different dealers here which has me question the tech ability at the dealers. Being a former Benz tech I hardly trust dealers after seeing so many hacks working at Benz, can imagine other brands. Previously we had a few VW and never had these types of issues, maybe lucky but loaners for even oil changes was nice back then.

Aside from that, the transmission was always a worry point for me but whatever. I love this thing, will be nice not having any payments soon and hopefully if the trans ever does fail there will be a nice supply from junk yards.

These below are just the tires, no lift:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Figure I would share some quick photos of my '16 Pilot Touring AWD. Has 78k miles. Upon moving to NV I really got into exploring the trails out here but for a bit I only had the Jsport skid plate, Thule Canyon XT basket and LED lights throughout. Recently added the Truxxx 2" lift kit, KMC KM721 18" wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 265/60/18 (30.5"). Hopefully my next time at the lake I can actually use my camera for some nicer photos at sunset like the images before the lift.

Future Plans:
Full size 30.5" Nitto spare (need to measure if it will fit in the oem spot otherwise tow hitch and a rear mount)
Brake Rotor upgrade (Kinda prefer slotted over drilled but haven't researched this in years)

Service History:
Dont get me started lol. Really only had the Injector issue just outside warranty but my extended covered it. Main problem is Honda techs. Started misfiring and ultimately needed a tow back to the dealer AFTER the injector replacement when it was running smooth before, just had a CEL. Before injectors they sold me on the carbon clean solution a few weeks before. I did have pumps get replaced under warranty but possibly because my wife used to daily this and would love to run it to E which is bad since fuel cools the pumps usually. Lastly, did my timing belt at 77k miles along with the oil pump seals, well when it came home it leaked all over the driveway of my new home.

The injector and timing belt issues were two different dealers here which has me question the tech ability at the dealers. Being a former Benz tech I hardly trust dealers after seeing so many hacks working at Benz, can imagine other brands. Previously we had a few VW and never had these types of issues, maybe lucky but loaners for even oil changes was nice back then.

Aside from that, the transmission was always a worry point for me but whatever. I love this thing, will be nice not having any payments soon and hopefully if the trans ever does fail there will be a nice supply from junk yards.

View attachment 134710 View attachment 134711

View attachment 134712 View attachment 134713
I like the wheels and tires. Would like to do some similar things to mine. How is the road noise with that set up?

·
Registered
42 Posts

Future Plans:

Service History:

View attachment 134710 View attachment 134711

View attachment 134712 View attachment 134713
Great shots man, I dig that wheel and tire set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is my 2017 honda pilot.

Plasti dipped wheels, roof rails, front grill, taillights, black vynal around window trim, black door handles, led lights inside and out, and kicker hideaway sub under passenger seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Traxda 2 inch lift F/R, 245/70R17 Blizzaks on KMC Bully wheels. Enjoying the lift and exploring local forest roads. I don't think car camping is my thing but I like to find nice views in remote places.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Pilot is working out great since I got used last year. Added OEM hitch and wiring with Redarc tow pro elite brake controller. May add transmission cooler at some point but still within weight for pulling a Jayco 154bh. Have more recently added crossbars, led fog lights and inchannel window molding. Next on list is full size spare and roof basket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love our Pilot...need to get the front windows tinted soon, maybe some new shoes when I need to replace the tires. I just cant stand all the chrome! Anyone know if vinyl wrap to cover most of them is easy to install, and lasts? Mainly want to black out the bottom trims.
IMG_2909.jpg
IMG_3004.jpg
IMG_4301.jpg
IMG_4336.jpg

181 - 195 of 195 Posts