Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
This is mine the day I picked her up.
Very nice. I like the look of the lower front trim piece, but I'm still trying to make up my mind about adding it to my SUV.

I really like the appearance of the rear tailgate chrome accessory and I'm having that installed along with the body side moldings, rear bumper applique and front chrome trim tomorrow.

When you have a chance please post a better shot of the side chrome trim, I'd like to see how that looks too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This reminds me of why I feel like a huge winner. My dealer did not put a dealer badge on the back, and did not put one of their license plate holders on. Just "Pilot" and "A.WD" on the back, and just my Mass plates on both sides.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This reminds me of why I feel like a huge winner. My dealer did not put a dealer badge on the back, and did not put one of their license plate holders on. Just "Pilot" and "A.WD" on the back, and just my Mass plates on both sides.
During every vehicle purchase, I make sure to remind the salesperson to take everything off that advertises the dealership. I have had no issues so far with them complying with it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

During every vehicle purchase, I make sure to remind the salesperson to take everything off that advertises the dealership. I have had no issues so far with them complying with it.

Agreed. If you tell them not to put their silly sticker on during prep they won't do it. The first thing I did is debadge the car the moment it came home. No more Pilot letters. No more AWD. Much cleaner look now.

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
I wouldn't buy a vehicle with a dealers badge on it.

Putting their name on the license plate bracket isn't so bad since it is easily replaced.

If the NYG & NYY weren't so horrible these days I'd put their nameplates on my SUV, but for now they're on a shelf in my garage right where they belong.

Even my Giant Gnome is laying face down on the HTC.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Proud owner as of December 5th!
Got a few mods in mind, but here she is off the lot.
well hello anchorage 5th avenue mall parking facility (maybe). i got my pilot the same day you did from continental honda. i've had my eye on that elite model for a couple of weeks in the dealership's inventory until the new tourings started rolling in. opted for the touring for that extra middle seat in the second row. these things don't sit in the inventory for too long up here.

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Here's my elite

Interesting, my Honda dealer has taken to installing the Hood Air Deflector on it's Pilot showroom vehicles. I've seen it done twice on two different Pilots during my last two visits to their shop.

While I like the appearance (not considering function) of this accessory I'm not sold on adding it to my SUV.

So what is it my dealer knows that I don't?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well hello anchorage 5th avenue mall parking facility (maybe). i got my pilot the same day you did from continental honda. i've had my eye on that elite model for a couple of weeks in the dealership's inventory until the new tourings started rolling in. opted for the touring for that extra middle seat in the second row. these things don't sit in the inventory for too long up here.
Hello there, good eye!
Boy it feels good having a local in these forums.
What color did you go with? The captain chairs work out for me well, but I'm very happy with going Elite. Share some photos, don't be shy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i got mine in white diamond pearl. the car hadn't even gone through PDI yet when i checked it out that morning--had to come back in the evening to take delivery. i should have taken photos when we still had it in the showroom straight out of detailing while my car salesman went over the tech, but i guess it slipped my mind. i think i'll wait for the next clean batch of snow to come down before i start shooting pictures for me to post.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts