Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was attempting to install a Photodon screen protector and noticed it's MUCH smaller than the radio display on my 2017. There is a LOT of space on all four sides that have no protection. I know that I correctly ordered the right type on their website.

Is this normal? Why couldn't they make it fill the entire screen?

Those that installed these please feedback your results.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So since the "curve" is towards the top how do I best center this? I assume I line it up in the middle and not make it flush with the bottom?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pic if yours is too small. I installed one a few days ago and it fills up the entire screen with only a 1-2mm gap on each side.

The best install method is the hinge method. Here's an example of how it's done YouTube

I used this method on my photodon taping the left side of the screen protector to the outside of the stereo surround, then slowly closing it. Center the protector on the screen then tape the left side of the protector to the outside/surround of the screen. Open and close the hinge to make sure it stays aligned. Then with the hinge open peel the back off slowly, starting left to right, and slowly close the hinge.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What year is your Pilot? On the sides I probably have a 2 mm gap. But on the top much more. And maybe 4 mm along the bottom.. also I have this tiny spot that keeps "lifting up" on the upper left corner. Will this cure out over time? I keep pressing it down and about 30 seconds later it slowly lifts. I made sure I cleaned the area properly before applying. It's like RIGHT on the edge of the film too. Along the top. Also I installed the matte one. It's taking a while to get used to the blurry screen. I guess that's better than the HD clear one with fingerprints?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
try a little rubbing alcohol and distilled water mix. 50:50 ratio in a spray bottle. Shake and spray that stubborn corner. Wipe down with squeegee.
It came with a "screen cleaner" spray. What does the alcohol solution do? Wet it out or cause the adhesive to "flow" ? I know I put it on right. Almost looks like something in the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting but it's been warmer the past couple days and direct sunlight seems to have eliminated or reduced those voids I saw. Maybe the adhesive was able to flow etc

·
Registered
240 Posts
your pics look fine to me, and is similar to how mine is installed. you dont really want it installed on the more curved areas near the top anyway because it may pull away. the flatter the surface the better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts