Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2010 Honda Pilot. It is my fourth Pilot. In the center console box, there is what looks like a USB drive. However, it appears to be blocked off. In reading the owners manual, it appears that the USB drive is only for those Pilots with navigation. This Pilot doesn’t have that. My question is can I replace that outlet with a functioning USB port and be able to plug my phone in and stream music or audiobooks? Anyone have any experience doing this? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,487 Posts
I do believe it is possible, but probably not as you would like to do. I think that if you look in the console you will find two USB connections. The one you describe is for connecting to a head unit directly. However there should be, if memory serves me correctly a second, power output USB connector. If you look carefully I think you will also find a 1/8" stereo plug. The method, if all of what I described is there, would be to plug the phone into power and then plug the phone into a 1/*" stereo cable.

If you are using an iPhone you may need a power/1/8" plug adapter such as this.

Amazon.com: Apple MFi Certified Lightning to 3.5mm Headphones Dongle Jack Adapter for iPhone AKAVO 2 in 1 Headphone Adapter and Aux Audio Adapter + Charger Cable Splitter Compatible with iPhone 12 11 XS XR X 8 7: Electronics

All you will be able to do is listen to music. The controls will be on the phone, not the radio head.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do believe it is possible, but probably not as you would like to do. I think that if you look in the console you will find two USB connections. The one you describe is for connecting to a head unit directly. However there should be, if memory serves me correctly a second, power output USB connector. If you look carefully I think you will also find a 1/8" stereo plug. The method, if all of what I described is there, would be to plug the phone into power and then plug the phone into a 1/*" stereo cable.

If you are using an iPhone you may need a power/1/8" plug adapter such as this.

Amazon.com: Apple MFi Certified Lightning to 3.5mm Headphones Dongle Jack Adapter for iPhone AKAVO 2 in 1 Headphone Adapter and Aux Audio Adapter + Charger Cable Splitter Compatible with iPhone 12 11 XS XR X 8 7: Electronics

All you will be able to do is listen to music. The controls will be on the phone, not the radio head.
You are awesome! Thanks!!

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,148 Posts
How about Bluetooth streaming?

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Touring
9 Posts
I have a 2011 Touring which has NAV and the only thing you can do with Bluetooth if you have it is hands free. No streaming. The RCA connector is aux to the phone, once that's plugged in you can stream Pandora, Spotify, etc through the stereo. All of that is in the center console.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts