Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to put a phone holder in my 2009 Pilot, there doesn't seem to be anywhere that's flat enough to hold one without blocking a display. In addition, whenever I've tried to attach something to the dash, like a Velcro mount dash mat, or a phone holder, it doesn't stick to the dash. I've tried washing the dash and I've tried using a little alcohol as well, but nothing seems to stay on for more than a few minutes.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use a CD slot holder like this. Works fantastic. We never use the CD player anyway.

Car Phone Holder, CD Slot Car Mount 360° Rotating Car Phone Mount with One-Touch Release Button for iPhone 12/11/Pro/Max/XS Xr/ X/8, Galaxy Note10/S10/S20 Series, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095WBCQ7Z/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_ZBKE9E4SFG0S2ASWJDXY

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Is it stable? I had one several vehicles ago and it shook and vibrated so much that it was difficult to see what was on the screen. I'm going to check your recommendation out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have one in each of our vehicles. They work great. The ones we have have a knob on the back to tighten it so it doesn't move at all.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
Heard a lot of good things about ProClip.

Myself, I use this guy in my left vent -- just twist the little dude's "head" and insert it in between two left window defogging vent slats on the dashboard. I have a black one to match my Nighthawk Black Pearl paint color, and I got my daughter a pink because, well, she just likes pink.

It's worked great for a few years now, but I'm also willing to admit I might be an outlier (definition 3b). :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses. I've ordered the CD type and awaiting delivery.
I'll update when I've tried it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried the CD type, and while it worked ok, after I took it off to remove any CDs I had in the player, I can't eject the CDs now, so back to Amazon it goes while I figure out how to eject my CDs. 😟😆

I like the ProClip mount, which I will look at next.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
I tried the CD type, and while it worked ok, after I took it off to remove any CDs I had in the player, I can't eject the CDs now, so back to Amazon it goes while I figure out how to eject my CDs. 😟😆
Time to finally put that old Michael Bolton CD to good use. :D

Do you hear something going on inside your DVD player when you hit the eject button or not? If you do, try gently sliding another DVD or CD in there at the same time as the stuck one is trying to eject. Sometimes the piggyback effect helps coax the stuck one out.

Preferably use a relatively disposable disc just in case there's a little friction or scratching between the two. A Michael Bolton Greatest Hits CD should fit the bill just fine. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts