Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a wireless charger kit from Honda in my 16 pilot. (I was able to locate a wire plug for it). Anyhow. Any of you that have one in the new models, do you have a issue with the Charger not charging with the phone is in its protective case? (light on charger starts blinking). I also have a portable battery pack that has a wireless charger built in, and the phone works just fine with the case on that. After I installed it it acted up with the phone case. after i cleaned the case off it started to charge. Today it went back to not charging with the case on. Its not a Otterbox or HD thick case. just a Cheapo off Amazon. The phone is a LG 40 thin Q. I work inspecting used cars and i was driving a New Toyota Camry with a Wireless Charger and It was acting the same way. (not charging the phone with its case on).

·
Registered
2019 Honda Pilot Elite
7 Posts
I just installed a wireless charger kit from Honda in my 16 pilot. (I was able to locate a wire plug for it). Anyhow. Any of you that have one in the new models, do you have a issue with the Charger not charging with the phone is in its protective case? (light on charger starts blinking). I also have a portable battery pack that has a wireless charger built in, and the phone works just fine with the case on that. After I installed it it acted up with the phone case. after i cleaned the case off it started to charge. Today it went back to not charging with the case on. Its not a Otterbox or HD thick case. just a Cheapo off Amazon. The phone is a LG 40 thin Q. I work inspecting used cars and i was driving a New Toyota Camry with a Wireless Charger and It was acting the same way. (not charging the phone with its case on).
Log an official complaint with Honda. I am on my second wireless charger and it only lasted a week. The part is garbage. I tweet at them, email them, call my dealer. Its ridiculous

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
If only Honda would come out with a mag safe charger accessory. At least us iPhone users would be happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts