Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
This doesn't appear to be an injector problem. Yet anyway.
I'd disconnect the battery for a while and then reconnect. Might have a loose battery terminal connection.
Has maintenance been done?
  • Air filter New/Clean
  • Clean MAF
  • Air intake tube clamps are tight
  • Use full synthetic engine oil
  • Top Tier 87 octane fuel and/or injector cleaner
  • I'd also disable the VCM

Reactions: kamandor

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It should at least for 304. Tons of misfires logged on cyl 4 during my drive to dealership

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
On your receipt, was there any mention of replacing part # 16012-R9P-315 Pipe Set, Fuel Joint?

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Nope, just the injector set. Were they supposed to change it as well?
Obviously not. I'm asking because I ordered a set of injectors last Friday to DIY my 2017. @Slvr7 , a Honda tech, suggested I order this part too. I like saving $. Lol, it's another $75.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Obviously not. I'm asking because I ordered a set of injectors last Friday to DIY my 2017. @Slvr7 , a Honda tech, suggested I order this part too. I like saving $. Lol, it's another $75.
ah ok. gotcha. I know your car is out of warranty in general, but since honda has such an extension on this particular part, have you tried to see of honda would cover the repair? or once the car is totaled all and every part in the car is no longer supported by manufcaturer recalls?

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
ah ok. gotcha. I know your car is out of warranty in general, but since honda has such an extension on this particular part, have you tried to see of honda would cover the repair? or once the car is totaled all and every part in the car is no longer supported by manufcaturer recalls?
If a vehicle was ever branded with a salvage title, they won't honor any warranty or TSB. They'd be glad to perform the work if your paying.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
Honda sells this as a kit, injectors, gaskets, pipe, etc, so will only show the 1 part number.
Yep that is what my invoice showed. The kit is only available to dealerships and is not sold over the counter so you must purchase the individual parts if it is a DIY job.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Honda sells this as a kit, injectors, gaskets, pipe, etc, so will only show the 1 part number.
Yep that is what my invoice showed. The kit is only available to dealerships and is not sold over the counter so you must purchase the individual parts if it is a DIY job.
Ok.
So I need.....
  • Injector Set 16010-RLV-315 (I assume this is 6 injectors by the diagram)
  • Pipe Set, Fuel Joint 16012-R9P-315
  • O-Ring 91311-5A2-A01(#23 in diagram)

Anything else?
Ty

·
Registered
744 Posts
The kit has #13, #14, 6 injectors with seals and retainers, #3, the seals between the upper/lower intake, the seals for the egr tube to upper intake( no need to remove or replace the seals).
Since there are many dyi guys here:
For anyone who doesn't know, NEVER check for a fuel leak in the high pressure side with your hand/fingers. The pressure used here will inject the fuel right into your skin. If you are checking for a leak use piece of paper, dowel, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts