Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Pilot,and an aftermarket performance chip that is supposed to increase overall performance. Has anyone had any experience in this area? Thanks

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
How is it increasing performance? You need to post up what parameters in your ECU it is changing to get extra performance. Usually those chips are just fooling a certain sensor or group of sensors and the response is short lived as the ECU relearns. I'd be calling RV6 or another legitimate Honda tuning company if I wanted to tune the Pilot.

Reactions: Charlie68

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ad said improved gas-oxy ratio to improve mpg . My concern you have covered in your statement, I wasn't sure if newer Pilots are using this..Thank you

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
on the 2015 There are two ECU' controllers 1 is for the engine and 2 is for the transmission ... if you have the correct Honda Legitimate tuner you and delete the VCM for an example .. Without the hardware engine mods the tune is only the icing on the cake . Find a real Company that does the Honda car tunes ..they should know what to recommend for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts