Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Perfect-Fit Hood Protector yesterday.
It took me about 45 minuets to put it on.
I should be able to get some pictures in the next day or so.

·
Registered
919 Posts
It seems one of the big topics for deflectors is the question of any additional wind noise being introduced. I would really be interested in hearing your comments as to how the Perfect-Fit performs in this category.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I told my wife to listen for any new noise.
If it makes any, I WILL hear about it!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Alright, N_Jay! Looking forward to the pics and in particular your/wife's ride experience with it on the Pilot and whether there are any wind noises with it at all. If all seems well with yours, I'll be in my dealer next week to install on mine as well.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much does the dealer want?
I am a bit disapointed in the pricing.
CARBRAS.com has Perfect fit on the web site for $49, but emailed me back to say it would be $69.
Then shipping was $25

I went with it because I am happy with my Perfect-Fit on my CR-V, and I like the look with the "wings".

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
N_Jay said:
How much does the dealer want?
I am a bit disapointed in the pricing.
CARBRAS.com has Perfect fit on the web site for $49, but emailed me back to say it would be $69.
Then shipping was $25

I went with it because I am happy with my Perfect-Fit on my CR-V, and I like the look with the "wings".
I was quoted by my dealer at $89 CDN, so about $2 US? And since I know the service rep well, he said to bring the car in on a Saturday when he's the only one working and he can waive the intallation price. I know, I know...I'm a wimp...can't even install a wind deflector. But it's not that I can't....I'm just too damn lazy :D

The Form Fit one they have was quoted for 99 bucks. I kinda like the looks of Perfect Fit though, with its wings and all. But I shall see how it performs and see if it suffers from any of that maddening wind noise.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch!!!

OK, OK, soon.
It is on the to-do list.
A few lines below selling the old car.
Lets see; got Pilot in July, and just sold car in NOVEMBER!

At least the deflector is on.
The Westin Safari Bar is still in the guest room.
(I am in sooooo much trouble if we have guests before I get it installed!)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: Ouch!!!

N_Jay said:
OK, OK, soon.
It is on the to-do list.
A few lines below selling the old car.
Lets see; got Pilot in July, and just sold car in NOVEMBER!

At least the deflector is on.
The Westin Safari Bar is still in the guest room.
(I am in sooooo much trouble if we have guests before I get it installed!)
Hey N_Jay,

How long have you had the Westin Safari Bar? Never saw the thread when you were waiting for the part numbers. Don't know how you can stand having it in the guest room and not installing it. Whenever I get anything new, I HAVE to put it on ASAP:D

Anyway, hope to see pics when the install is complete?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just bringing this back up to the top as a friendly reminder. Waiting for some pics of that Perfect Fit.
Christmas is coming after all and I know my wife might just love one of these.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks NHPilot!

I had forgotten about this! So N_Jay...how 'bout those pics???

Please, please, please!!! :6:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I installed my Fform Fit Deflector Sunday and it was no problem to install. Took about 30-45 minutes. No noise, no movement ant any speed.. I got mine from Tim.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On vacation

Sorry folks.
Pics ASAP, but tmay be another week.
It did just fine on the 800 milee drive with speeds up to (and over) 80MPH.
took about 30 min to put on.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Perfect Fit

N_Jay,

Could you post some pictures of the Perfect-Fit deflector?
Was it easy to install? I have to decide between Perfect-Fit and Form Fit. Waiting for those pics before making a decision...:1zhelp:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not to muddy the water .... but, has anyone bought the weathertech deflector? I saw one on a Toyota van ... was favorably impressed with the fit and looks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Weathertech- First Ever Post

First Post Ever!!

I just purchased and installed the Weathertech. It looks great and was a breeze to install (maybe 15 mins). It mounts using existing holes. I'll post pics after I have a chance to wash my truck this weekend.

No wind noise!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks for the info, 2k3pilot!

And welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Re: Weathertech- First Ever Post

2k3pilot said:

I just purchased and installed the Weathertech. It looks great and was a breeze to install (maybe 15 mins). It mounts using existing holes. I'll post pics after I have a chance to wash my truck this weekend.

No wind noise!!
Welcome to the board ... I will look out for your Pilot in the neighborhood.
Please do post your VIN in the VIN table thread.
I am eager to look at those pictures. Also can you post the link to web site where you purchased it from?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts