Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
This is a known issue to Honda and many consumers... assuming you do in fact have Taffy white see below.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander XLE 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L
194 Posts
I have a 2012 with Taffy white and no problems in this area at all. Also, my other vehicle is a 2018 Hyundai Sante Fe(Black) but on that forum, some people are saying that "rail dust" is a common issue with white paint, and i not only don't have that either but never heard of it. Evidently it is literally the railroad track dust bleeding orange spots on white paint after the passage of some time.

I smell a rat in the US EPA and it's ever stringent requirements and mandated used of water based paints.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed Honda so I’m hoping they can help me. A huge chunk of paint shouldn’t suddenly peel off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 2012 with Taffy white and no problems in this area at all. Also, my other vehicle is a 2018 Hyundai Sante Fe(Black) but on that forum, some people are saying that "rail dust" is a common issue with white paint, and i not only don't have that either but never heard of it. Evidently it is literally the railroad track dust bleeding orange spots on white paint after the passage of some time.

I smell a rat in the US EPA and it's ever stringent requirements and mandated used of water based paints.
I have a bunch of rail dust on my 13 WDP Pilot. Looks like tiny rust spots in the paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts