Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Pilot (175K mi) has never had a problem until 2 weeks ago when it stalled while driving on a rainy night. It now stalls every mile or so and illuminates the Check Engine Light each time. I'm able to throw it in neutral while coasting then recycle the key to restart it. It's thrown many codes (DTCs) including P2118, P062F, P2610, C1555 and P060A which seems to be the most persistent one. The dealership did some initial troubleshooting but said the PCM would need to be replaced (~$1300) before they could continue troubleshooting.

I installed a used ($75) PCM (exact part# match) and towed it back to dealership for "programming" because it obviously had the green blinking key. They said that they were unable to program the used PCM and that it would need a NEW PCM to continue. What gives???? Can't the VIN and immobilizer code of the used PCM be "overwritten" with my original VIN and immobilizer code?

I called a private Honda/Acura repair shop and he wasn't sure if you could actually overwrite the VIN on a used PCM.

Please help..... Can this be done, and if so, what special equipment would the shop need.... and does the P060A sound like a bad PCM or is it actually just masking the underlying problem as the dealership eluded to?

Thanks so much for any words of wisdom!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I do know with the GM pcm YOU can write your vin to a used one I used to purchased USED pcms for updates and keep my original PCM untouched as a backup

You can write updates / code to the PCM ..hense this is where you get a "PCM Tune" from ... sounds like the dealership refuses to work on an old unit simply it already has a vin programmed from another vehicle... I would go to a speed shop that does pcm tunes and see if they can update the PCM for you. Or try another dealership ..

Good luck with this ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do know with the GM pcm YOU can write your vin to a used one I used to purchased USED pcms for updates and keep my original PCM untouched as a backup

You can write updates / code to the PCM ..hense this is where you get a "PCM Tune" from ... sounds like the dealership refuses to work on an old unit simply it already has a vin programmed from another vehicle... I would go to a speed shop that does pcm tunes and see if they can update the PCM for you. Or try another dealership ..

Good luck with this ..
Just a follow up.
Any solution to your problem? Can you please update?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its pain in ... to reprogram an other PCM... but, try to put some heat on the box...
maybe you have some humidity inside; something like hot air that can go
inside.(hair drier etc.) specially when you say that the problem start after a "rainy day".
A friend of mine have the same problem with his GMC van PCM. On rainy days the
van start to work strange... (engine light, transmission problem, no acceleration)
he heat the PCM and put something on to protect the box from water... and its work.
No problems now. Work nice.
Do that, specially that you had PCM removed... will be easy. Try it after...
Never know ?!?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts