Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,532 Posts
Super nice views up there, and glad the Pilot "rises to the occasion." :)

But what's with the earflaps, Elmer? Are you hunting wabbits? :p

Pro Tip: Be vewy, vewy qwiet.

·
Registered
See you space cowboy...
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Super nice views up there, and glad the Pilot "rises to the occasion." :)

But what's with the earflaps, Elmer? Are you hunting wabbits? :p

Pro Tip: Be vewy, vewy qwiet.
Its my trusty but dirty af sun hat. The rear flap keeps my neck from getting burned. Its beat to hell and I cant find another one locally lol. Even has the dorky cord for windy trek's 😁 and Ive had to use it a few times lol. This hat looks cooler but, didnt do a damn thing on a hike. My neck was toast lol.

·
Registered
See you space cowboy...
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I like the other one better! (y)
Thanks! Functionality wise I like the hat better too. It made my summit of San Gorgonio mountain so much easier since the top is completely exposed at 11,500 ft. I've yet to get overheated hiking thanks to strict hydration and the right clothing. It really makes all the difference.

·
Registered
See you space cowboy...
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Been busy with the new job lately and planning my modifications for Ronda. I parked next to a 06 Ridgeline with BFG KO2's on it in a stock size. I really liked that style if wheel and think they would look great on Ronda in Charcoal. My plan is to order a brand new set of Charcoal Ridgeline 17 x 7.5's and wrap all 5 in a more aggressive offroad tire. Nothing crazy or bigger then a 245/65r17 (Stock Ridgeline size) so I have miniumal rubbing if any. The pic below is a 265/70r17. Bigger then I want but the best example I could find. Im going to keep the stock wheel and tires for primary and long distance use. Basically the Ridgeline wheels will be for offroad trips only.

We also plan to get the roof rack started. I'm getting Reese cross bars and adding a James Baroud extreme RTT next spring. Expensive but, the quality is worth it. Also a similar ARB awning set up.

I was wasnt a fan if RTT until a friend showed me his JBT. Hand built quality and easy to open/close. Plus it offers a bit of additional storage inside and on top.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
And those RL wheels are definitely running wheel adapters/spacers to push them out more. It does look pretty awesome though.

·
Registered
See you space cowboy...
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
The bolt pattern on a Ridgeline is not the same. Wanted you to know before you bought rims.
Awww no way! That sucks. I didn't check it assuming they would be the same. Oh well lol

·
Registered
2007 EX-L
461 Posts
It does suck. I had bought a newer set of Pilot wheels and tires, only to find out they didn't fit. That's why I went with the MDX wheels. They are 17".

·
Registered
See you space cowboy...
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
It does suck. I had bought a newer set of Pilot wheels and tires, only to find out they didn't fit. That's why I went with the MDX wheels. They are 17".
I could press the hubs out in the future when I do the wheel and swap in RL bolt pattern hubs. But, my swap idea goes out the window lol. Ill have to think about it.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I could press the hubs out in the future when I do the wheel and swap in RL bolt pattern hubs. But, my swap idea goes out the window lol. Ill have to think about it.
If interested there are wheel spacers that bolt onto the Ronda hub to convert them to fit the RL wheels. I’ve been running SpiderTrax 1.5” wheel spacers on my Jeep with no issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
See you space cowboy...
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
So after tons of research. It wont be as simple as swapping wheel hubs as I thought. Although it seems I could swap to ridgeline knuckles all around to get the job done. I found a couple of ridgeline's and pilots at my local junk yard. Im gonna take the assault impact and zip the rigdgeline knuckles off and onto a 1st gen pilot to test fit. They look identical minus the inner diameter for the wheel bearing. If that's good to go ill purchase all the knuckles I need and start refreshing them. I wont be attempting this swap until I have all the parts required, refresh ALL the suspension components, and, when these expensive Michelin defenders L/T's wear out. On the ridgeline wheels i likely wont be going to a KO2. Instead Im looking for a happy medium between road and offroad performance. Pirelli Scorpion maybe. Ill update go and learn more about the process and if its even fully possible.

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
So after tons of research. It wont be as simple as swapping wheel hubs as I thought. Although it seems I could swap to ridgeline knuckles all around to get the job done. I found a couple of ridgeline's and pilots at my local junk yard. Im gonna take the assault impact and zip the rigdgeline knuckles off and onto a 1st gen pilot to test fit. They look identical minus the inner diameter for the wheel bearing. If that's good to go ill purchase all the knuckles I need and start refreshing them. I wont be attempting this swap until I have all the parts required, refresh ALL the suspension components, and, when these expensive Michelin defenders L/T's wear out. On the ridgeline wheels i likely wont be going to a KO2. Instead Im looking for a happy medium between road and offroad performance. Pirelli Scorpion maybe. Ill update go and learn more about the process and if its even fully possible.
You sir have our attention!
We eagerly await the results.
🖐🤠

·
Registered
See you space cowboy...
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
White Font Line Motor vehicle Auto part

RL top
Pilot bottom

The knuckle swap doesnt look promising tbh. It may require the entire RL rear swing arm to accomplish. The knuckles definitely wont interchange. Im going to the junkyard for a Oem spare regardless so Im going to measure and compare the arms.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
View attachment 152465
RL top
Pilot bottom

The knuckle swap doesnt look promising tbh. It may require the entire RL rear swing arm to accomplish. The knuckles definitely wont interchange. Im going to the junkyard for a Oem spare regardless so Im going to measure and compare the arms.
Interesting project. Make sure trailing arm lengths Pilot vs RL have a similar length. If the trailing arms have different mounting angles spacers could help to level them out and center the wheel. If there are upper control arms an adjustable version CA would help with alignments.
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Exhaust system Muffler

·
Registered
See you space cowboy...
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Automotive tire Wheel Road surface Motor vehicle Asphalt

Picked up a full spare and a couple other small pieces from the junk yard today. I Thought I found one with a matching Michelin defender untill I saw the size was 255 vs 235. Ended up with a decent looking lion hart Shanghai special for now. Ill pick up a defender for it eventually.

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Nice, and you got it with the alloy rim, too?

Now, your only dilemma is whether to install it outside rim and valve stem facing up or facing down. :)

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
Now, your only dilemma is whether to install it outside rim and valve stem facing up or facing down. :)
Oh boy, decisions decisions.
Is there a right or wrong?
Which way does it come from the factory.
Why? 🤔

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
You know we've already discussed this, as we love those kinds of debates here on Piloteers.

full size spare tire

What did you do today to your 2003-2008 Pilot?

We even have polls for such crucial and consequential issues. :)

81 - 100 of 128 Posts