Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

We now have a pretty good idea of what the Passport is all about.

Sooo... other than better off-road capability, what would you say are the advantages of a Passport over a 2019 Pilot?

Just curious to hear everyone's perspective on this.

Thanks !! :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
-Being shorter it will be easier to park.
-I'm assuming it will be a little lighter so possibly performance and mileage benefits.
-Styling is subjective but I like it for the most part.
-It will probably be slightly cheaper.

Honestly I don't really view them as competitors... I think not having a 3rd row means they probably won't be cross-shopped by that many people, you either want/need 3 rows or you don't. I think it will be cross shopped with the CR-V much more.

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
It will keep people in Hondas who have outgrown the CRV but don't want three rows. It will keep people in Hondas whose kids have grown and gone but don't want (as I didn't) drive three rows of seats anymore.
Intrigued by the nine speed only choice. Wondering if this is an attempt to push it a little more upmarket.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It will keep people in Hondas whose kids have grown and gone but don't want (as I didn't) drive three rows of seats anymore.
This is me right now.

We've had great luck with Honda so far that I'm a little apprehensive to try other brands.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-Being shorter it will be easier to park.
I learned something in another thread that I wasn't aware of. I didn't know that the Pilot got longer. The length of my 2006 Pilot is 188". I figured the new Pilot was about the same size, but I was wrong, it's now 196.5". I'm okay with something similar in length as I have now but I'd rather not go much larger, so the Passport at 190.5 is better suited for me than the Pilot at 196.5". The Passport is starting to look better and better. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
My bet is its going to be at least as much as the same trim Pilot. One concern would be parts availability in the future, as in can Honda be sure this will be in production past one cycle. It also seems odd that Honda would introduce a new body style of the Pilot (Passport) at the mid model re-fresh time frame. So, in 3 years when the new Pilot is released, will we have a new Passport? Probably not.

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I wasn't feeling the look of the tail lights during the initial press release....but now in comparison with the Pilot...I don't know if those look good either. They look incomplete to me. I think I like the Passport taillights better than the Pilots
Nah, not me. I still prefer the tail lights on the Pilot. Not only do I think they look better, but they look safer to me because they are larger and cover more area (which I happen to like in a tail light :) ). See attached pic for a better comparison shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nah, not me. I still prefer the tail lights on the Pilot. Not only do I think they look better, but they look safer to me because they are larger and cover more area (which I happen to like in a tail light :) ). See attached pic for a better comparison shot.
Nope... it looks like a Camry copy to me. With the exception of the Camry pulling off that look compared to the Pilot.

Not saying that the Passport look is any better...but just my .02

·
Registered
238 Posts
If it were up to me I would take the LED lights that go completely across, similar to the Dodge Durango.
Not to venture off topic...but is it me or the Dodge tail lights look like symbol for when you hang up your mobile phone? :grin:

But seriously...I wouldn't mind LED lights across the hatch/rear door.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My opinion: I prefer the Pilot taillights on the Pilot and the Passport taillights on the Passport. If I had to choose only one style for both I would take the simplicity of the Passport tails.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I prefer the refreshed Pilot taillights, the LED reverse lights are a nice feature.

However, the Passport's dual exhaust is sweet, I would definitely like that on the Pilot.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts