19 / 24 / 21

Passport Elite
(AWD)

$44,725

19 / 24 / 21

·
Registered
133 Posts

We just got in some Passports today and they look very nice bit i figured the pricing would be closer to a CRV, Honda priced these in the same range as the Pilots.

I dont understand Hondas logic that they are pricing these Passports way too close to Pilots that why buy an SUV that only sits 5 for the price of an SUV that sits 8???

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My guess is low volume model, like the Ridgeline tends to be higher priced than volume models.

Plus use only of the nine speed must be more expensive than the six speed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
First, I apologize if any discussion of the Passport should be posted elsewhere.

This is a new link featuring the EX-L Passport. YouTube

The first thing I noticed is the alloy wheels featured on the production EX-L is different -- and IMHO, much less attractive -- than the alloys pictured on the prototype EX-L Honda displayed last month.

And, of course, as has been commented on above, the MSRP of the EX-L Passport is, unhappily, within $250 of the MSRP of the EX-L Pilot. That, too, a real bummer. [Edit: This estimate is incorrect.]

[Edit: Sib (see below) is correct: The "official" Honda website lists the price of the Pilot initially w/o including the destination cost. So, adding that in, as Sib states, the difference is approximately $1300-$1500, depending upon the model and configuration chosen. And, those prices, I should add are what I initially estimated elsewhere when I read that Honda intended to price the Passport between the CR-V and the Pilot.]

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts