Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Honda Pilot EXL. This is weird and multi-faceted so please bare with me.....A few days ago out of the blue my front passenger window and sunroof stopped working, meaning they won't go up or down whether from their switch or the master switch on the drivers side door. Additionally, I could once open my tailgate while the car was on and in Park....but now I can't unless the vehicle is off. The vehicle has 125k miles on it just in case that matters and has no non-factory mods made to it...so it is as drove off the lot brand new back in late 2015. Everything else works

Does anyone have any ideas as I have searched the threads and can't find anything similar.

If this was only 1 issue of the things I'm experiencing I would know how to proceed....but it appears to me to be either all inter-related / inter-connected or 2. that it is just a massive coincidence that all the things above stopped working at same time.

Any help or advise would be appreciated as I'm not looking forward to rolling into dealership with such broad issues and being bent over....again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked the fuses in the fuse box?

View attachment 146567

The fuse box I have doesn't look like what you have provided....I have attached what is in my book and what I'm seeing. Having said that the books descriptions aren't as straight forward as your either. So my question would be what would the front passenger side window be and what would the sunroof be?

·
Registered
102 Posts
My guess would be the passenger window is #4.

I think Andy may be on the right track with the fuse for the moonroof under the hood. Check #2 SUNSHADE.
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

I did not see moonroof/sunroof called out by name in the online manual for the 2016.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sunroof was under hood and I checked #4 interior fuse box as well, which was my guess too. Both checked out good.

So assuming fuses are good, any other thoughts?

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
871 Posts
Other things I would check are the wiring harness plugs/connectors to the fuse panel and also any connectors in the harnesses to the window motors and rear hatch. Sometimes wiring can also break at the flex joints to the doors. Ground straps can also be an issue too so you should check them for corrosion. I don't think it is a power window motor or door motor since they all stopped working at the same time.
Electrical issues can be frustrating to troubleshoot but you just start with the obvious easy stuff first before you start taking panels off to access components. Hopefully you can figure this out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts