Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a DIY on replacing the mirror and actuator ONLY, not the entire mirror on 05’ Honda Pilot. Can anyone please help me?

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
www.car-part.com is where I'd go to buy a good used mirror. Passenger mirror is the right side.
Select....
Honda
2005 Pilot
Body > Mirror, Door (Front)
There are 3 options depending on your vehicles trim.
Most places will ship. Call, ask for photos.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
I just looked in the FSM and you have to cut the wire harness off to replace the actuator. As mentioned above you’re better off replacing the entire mirror.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve already purchased the mirror/actuator. I just need. Video on how to replace the parts. I can see there will be some disassembling required

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
There will also be significantly more reassembling involved, which includes either crimping pins to the connector (hopefully you have purchased those as well) or soldering and heat shrinking the cut wiring. If it was me I would return the parts and buy a complete unit, and I’m capable of doing the soldering and/or crimping.

If we can’t sway you to purchase the assembly, I have not seen any posts on this forum regarding what you’re asking for. My advice will be look up a YouTube video because removing a mirror and actuator shouldn’t be significantly different one Honda to another.

I wish you the best getting your mirror and actuator fixed.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I’ve already purchased the mirror/actuator. I just need. Video on how to replace the parts. I can see there will be some disassembling required
Cute dog! Closest I found was an 08 but it should be similar if not the same. See if this is any help ...

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,234 Posts
I concur with @road2cycle and I've replaced a whole side mirror without trouble.

However, for what you say you wish to attempt, I've also found a "pretty close" video for the glass part.
and post your results here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts