Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Quick Q - but is the passenger seat heater exactly the same as the driver side seat heater in the 2015 pilot? (Canada)

Does the passenger side go up the back as well?

Sorry if this is dumb but I never ride in my passenger seat so I've never had that seat heater on there before.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
I know on older Hondas the passenger side has a seat bottom heater only... on those ones usually the picture on the heater button showed only the bottom where the driver showed lines in the bottom and back section.

So I'd say it's entirely possible, I haven't examined or noticed when in my wife's Pilot.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Bottom heat only on the passenger side.

The airbag in the seat is different on the passenger side, uses some space that the seat heater would need. Turns out that the front airbag deployment is different, with wheel-mounted bag on the driver side and dash bag on the passenger side. The passenger seat airbag is bigger and does more to keep you away from the a-pillar on side impact, while the steering wheel bag does some of that on the driver's drivers side. Maybe more than you wanted to know...

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Bottom heat only on the passenger side.

The airbag in the seat is different on the passenger side, uses some space that the seat heater would need. Turns out that the front airbag deployment is different, with wheel-mounted bag on the driver side and dash bag on the passenger side. The passenger seat airbag is bigger and does more to keep you away from the a-pillar on side impact, while the steering wheel bag does some of that on the driver's drivers side. Maybe more than you wanted to know...
And some would file the back not being heated as cost cutting since many competitors (for instance our Traverse) has heated bottom and back on both sides with the ability to heat just the back or both on both sides.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
The rear seat heat delete on US pilots is definitely a cost-saving measure on the US-market cars. I -could- disassemble the rear seats, add in some carbon-fiber seat heating pads, and figure out some wiring to heat them, but it just hasn't been that important. Mostly because I seldom ride in the middle or rear seats.

For me anyway, an option for heated -and- cooled seats would be more than welcome. I was mulling the options list on a couple interesting used Euro luxury cars (Audi S8 and Maybach sedans), and those caught my eye. The Maybach came with seat massaging as standard, while it's a check-box on the options list for the S8. The looking got no more serious than that though. I spend a lot more time in my desk chair, so were I thinking seriously of heating/cooling/massaging thrones, the first would be under my butt right now.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Yea cooled seats is way more important to me than my children having heated seats. We have stayed away from black leather because of how bad it can get in MD during the summers, the gray leather in both of our cars does a decent job.

Massaging seats is a whole different ballgame, I personally feel we have enough trouble getting people to focus on the road as it is, I don't want them more relaxed than they already are. I'm more in favor of the seat giving the driver little shocks every time they take their eyes off of the road, but that's just me.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The passenger seat back has the weight sensors to determine if the seat is occupied and the passenger is not leaning forward. I installed aftermarket heaters in both front and 2nd row seats, kids love it during winter ski trips. On passenger seat, I put in the back heater pad, but I cut it a bit shorter so it just does not block the sensors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts