Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - been a long time Honda owner through Accords, Pilots, CR-V's, and even an Element.
I am looking to purchase a 2021 Pilot (or PP) in Elite or Touring trim levels. No show stoppers except one - the height adjustment on the passenger front seat. There is none. I have scanned a few other threads here and no solutions.

I am 6'-4" and the drivers side is fine. The passenger side is just plain awkward. I feel like my vision is cut off where the windshield meets the roof line. My wife noticed it as well before I even brought it up. We took it for a test drive and she was fiddling with the seat to lower it. This sounds trivial, but I am afraid this is just not gonna fly. We are downsizing from a Yukon XL for long road trips and if the Mrs is not comfortable, I am gonna have to keep looking.

Has anyone else addressed this issue? I saw in one thread that one Pilot owner had his private mechanic do something to make the seat lower. It doesn't need to be adjustable up and down. If I can just bolt it down and inch or two lower, that would probably do it.
  1. Is there something I can mechanically change?
  2. Will an MDX passenger seat fit?
  3. Has anyone retrofitted a drivers side seat to the passenger side?
I know I am grasping. I have compared SUV's from many mfg's and the Pilot/Passport really do seem to meet our needs the best. But that passenger seat could be a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point. I have not really considered that one seriously.
I have looked at the Lexus RX & GX, Toyota 4Runner & Highlander, even a few domestics. Looked at an MDX a year ago and was underwhelmed - but honestly it was just a look. Did not sit in one or test drive. I will have to revisit.

Funny story - that visit a year ago to the Acura dealer. The dealership was closed but they had a new Honda Pilot parked next to an MDX. The Pilot looked much bigger and masculine than the MDX. Granted, that was looks only and is my very subjective opinion. But probably adds to why I have not circled back to the MDX.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't know of anyone that has done that personally but I agree, I didn't like the position on the 2016 I had. I'm currently in an XC90 that I just completely love, maybe have a look there. It's as smooth as glass and dead quiet, she will do 90+ without passengers even realizing. Sticker was 56 for my T5 with minimal options (nav, wheels, heated rear seats) but there are deals to be had and standard is very loaded.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
I considered the MDX before I bought the Pilot. It was very nice but about $12K more than my EX-L and I didn’t want to spend the extra money. If you’re shopping Elites you’re in the MDX neighborhood. It’s the same platform as the Pilot but less Interior space as the MDX has a shorter cabin for a more sportier profile. Don‘t think modifying the seat height is practical with all of safety systems imbedded in vehicles these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts