Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the oil filter being right over the bushing of that control arm the bushing begun to split.. 20 min change
U would need
19mm socket
22mm socket same socket use to remove the wheel
And a flat wrench or ratcheting wrench 19mm would help for the knuckle spindle

Jack both sides and put on jack stands
Put a chock on the rear wheels. Apply the foot hand brakes
Remove the passenger wheel lugs and lock
Remove the wheel set under the car near the jack stand as back up flat of course
Turn the wheel and remove the pin save it well i did (note if u order from the dealership $153 doesnt come with a pin or 19mm castle crown nut) only a 19mm wrench could fit in that area.
Loosen the nut do not take off... second bolt is under the oil filter 22 mm use a breaker bar first and then impact gun if u going reuse the bolt
Lastly there are 3 19mm bolt the middle one is the longest one.. final one is a 19 mm nut that holds the strut stabilizer bar and the lower control arm
Remove the castle nut by the spindle and rock it out
Ok reverse start with the bushing underthe oil filter rock in until lines up thread the bolt in not completely
Continue with the 3 bolts beginning with the long one first catch on to the stabilizer braceand then the other 2 bolts
Now slide the strut bar and bolt back in the hole and catch the nut... now put all ur weight down and slide the bolt in and put back the castle nut back on tighten and put the pin back in
and tighten every bolt nut back up.. dont have the specific specs
Sorry no pics was in hurry
Did an alignment just in case at the dealership

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wait, so the oil drips down on the controller arm, and the oil messes up a bushing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Over time.. there is a magnetic drain catcher the dealership use when changing the oil

·
Registered
813 Posts
Over time.. there is a magnetic drain catcher the dealership use when changing the oil
I'll definitely use a plastic bag or something when I'm taking out the filter. Thank you for telling me about this!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
98 Posts
Should I worry if all my oil changes will be done by the dealership? My Pilot comes with a complimentary 2 year maintenance, oil change, tire rotate, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts