·
Registered
6,048 Posts
How about the law practice of Barry M. N. Paperwerke.*

*I made that one up this time, not The Three Stooges. :D

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I think a recall is a little different. But I conceded already. I still wouldn't fear an accidental deployment of my airbag just because my SRS light is on. Scan for the code and fix it. If you dont know how, take it to someone who does. Do you think the OP needs a tow truck?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Are you insinuating that the airbag could somehow deploy without being in a frontend collision? Please clarify.
Apparently, yes, unless I'm reading this wrong. Side curtain airbags, anyway.

OP, another thought: Do you have any cargo or metal objects under the front passenger seat? Or do you have anything leaning against the back of that seat, is the passenger slouching, etc.?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,897 Posts
I think a recall is a little different. But I conceded already. I still wouldn't fear an accidental deployment of my airbag just because my SRS light is on. Scan for the code and fix it. If you dont know how, take it to someone who does. Do you think the OP needs a tow truck?
That would be up to the OP what and how they took care of the issue. I drove the 2004 Avalon that we had in the fleet to the Toyota dealer to have the recall taken care of. Picked it up a couple of hours later.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
To put what I mentioned above into context, I don't think pre-2006 model years had side curtain airbags. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

But OP has a 2006.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
That would be up to the OP what and how they took care of the issue. I drove the 2004 Avalon that we had in the fleet to the Toyota dealer to have the recall taken care of. Picked it up a couple of hours later.
Hopefully you didn't scare the OP to the point of getting a tow truck, now since you braved it. 😉👍

21 - 31 of 31 Posts