Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
245000 but runs really good, overall the vehicle is solid, wish I had the time to get my license to get the rebuilt title .

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
So the vehicle is not even yours ? Why would you need a salvage title if the pilot Is road worthy .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vehicle had a air bag deploy, which I replaced, in Georgia you need a special license to get a rebuilt title , not driver's license. Wish I would of known this before buying it and fixing it up.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Ok I had the same issue here in NY I went through the Hell of a Salvage title rebuild for one of my 06 Pilots at the time it only had 20 miles on the meter. You would need to find a licensed repair shop that has the rebuild license at the end of the day you would spend more trying to get the damn thing back on the road that what you paid for it...

Good choice on parting out the Pilot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I had the same issue here in NY I went through the Hell of a Salvage title rebuild for one of my 06 Pilots at the time it only had 20 miles on the meter. You would need to find a licensed repair shop that has the rebuild license at the end of the day you would spend more trying to get the damn thing back on the road that what you paid for it...

Good choice on parting out the Pilot.
Yea it's awful all it needed was two air bag replacement and computer reprogrammed, when everything else is smooth running, but apparently that makes it salvaged...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Can you not sell it to someone who can handle the title and get a little more for it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am curious...is it really cheaper to part it out and buy another car than it is to have it fixed and titled correctly? Would you provide some details including costs to fix and title and how much you might make parting it out?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you not sell it to someone who can handle the title and get a little more for it?
i would love to do that, becuase id make more money and the vehicle is in great condition the problem is finding that person who would do that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am curious...is it really cheaper to part it out and buy another car than it is to have it fixed and titled correctly? Would you provide some details including costs to fix and title and how much you might make parting it out?
i would assume parting out i could make 2000 , i have 1500 in it, its all fixed and ready to drive , i just need a title , which i cant get because i dont have my rebuilt license and cant get one because i am not a business. If i could get the license and everything else i would need , i would sell it for 3k.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Darn shame to part out that Pilot. Based off the pics it appears to be in good shape. Miles are high but initial investment is low and maintenance is moving in the right direction. My son drives a salvage title Avalon (due to age + superficial body damage) and that designation has not stopped us from maintaining it as 300K is our goal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Darn shame to part out that Pilot. Based off the pics it appears to be in good shape. Miles are high but initial investment is low and maintenance is moving in the right direction. My son drives a salvage title Avalon (due to age + superficial body damage) and that designation has not stopped us from maintaining it as 300K is our goal.
Yea I really don't want to, I can tow it anywhere in Georgia, I'm really hoping someone will make a offer , because it's such a solid vehicle, for a engine with this many miles, it sounds better than my tundra that has 60k miles on it. Deff a fan of pilots, now. I drove it around town until I found out I wasnt suppose to with a salvaged title.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Id be interested in the rear mud flaps and the trim piece on top of the rear bumper and the inner front plastic fender on the drivers side

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dang I would of sold mine to you 1500 , which all you had to do is get the rebuilt title. Im still trying to sell it as a whole but will hit you up if I decide to part it out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts