Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Haven't been here in a while; I have a 2010 Pilot and the local dealer just told me that the spool valve is slowly leaking into my alternator. So far my car have no issues (knock on wood). I have seen a few videos and pictures on the spool valve gasket replacement or even replacing the spool valve itself. I want to do it myself as it seems that it is not that complicated; although I am somewhat confused on the part numbers I need, I have seen 2008 to 2010 Odyssey parts and some even state that it is also applicable to the Pilot. I have seen these part numbers (Head Cylinder Solenoid Valve Gasket 15815-R70-A01 15845-R70-A01) it says that it is for the Honda Accord 3.5 V6 - call me dumb, I know the 3.5 V6 is pretty much the same in all Honda vehicles...just making sure I buy the right part. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, after carefully looking found the correct part....it is 15815-R70-A01 15845-R70-A01.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Did not know that Honda now sold the gasket set - I had to use aftermarket.
Always have gets even better you can also order individual parts to repair whatever ..transmissions , alternators are also rebuild able ..just no body does it they just replace

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not know that Honda now sold the gasket set - I had to use aftermarket.
No, Honda still sells the Spool Valve as an assembly...the gaskets are aftermarket.:smile:, and I have to replace the spark plugs (DIY) and have the dealer adjust the valves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts