Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day we stopped for a picnic and when I was backing up the sensors started beeping and I couldn't figure out how stop them. There were no obstacles near the car but I was backing in on the left side of the parking area so maybe the system thought I was on the wrong side of the road. When I pulled ahead, the sensors were still beeping. I finally figured out how to shut the parking sensors off. The P button on the lower left side of the dash... green light means that the system is on and you just press the button and it turns off. We have owned the car (16 EXL) for 7 months and I guess I missed that one in the manual. Don't trust the sensors anyway so I will probably leave them switched off.

·
Registered
2016 pilot elite
10 Posts
You can also adjust the sensitivity in the settings menu of the car. These cars have so much technology.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Are you sure none of the sensors fell inside the car? I'm not too sure if it's an issue on Pilots, but if it did, then you're one step closer to Doug DeMuro's Range Rover!

·
Registered
885 Posts
You can also adjust the sensitivity in the settings menu of the car. These cars have so much technology.
You can't adjust the rear parking sensor sensitivity. The front Adaptive cruise control, yes. You can also adjust the front Collision Mitigation Braking System distance for alerts.

Make sure the rear sensors are free of mud, dirt, snow, ice, or anything which may cover or partial cover them and cause a false reading.

Not sure why the beeping continued as you pulled forward unless perhaps you have front sensors also and they detected something. Not sure if the EXL has front sensors like the Touring and above models.

Reactions: Jherb81

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make sure the rear sensors are free of mud, dirt, snow, ice, or anything which may cover or partial cover them and cause a false reading.

Not sure why the beeping continued as you pulled forward unless perhaps you have front sensors also and they detected something. Not sure if the EXL has front sensors like the Touring and above models.
It must be an option on the EXL Nav cause I definately have sensors on all corners. It was also raining that day too so that may have caused false readings. I will check the sensors and clean them if necessary.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was checking the car for the sensors on the bumpers and I see one on each of the front corners and four on the rear bumper pad , assuming they are those round discs that look like fasteners of some sort. If that is them, they are all fairly clean so I don't think dirt was the cause. It may have been rain drops that caused the issue but at least now I know how to shut them off if it happens again.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I was checking the car for the sensors on the bumpers and I see one on each of the front corners and four on the rear bumper pad , assuming they are those round discs that look like fasteners of some sort. If that is them, they are all fairly clean so I don't think dirt was the cause. It may have been rain drops that caused the issue but at least now I know how to shut them off if it happens again.
You should leave them on until there’s an issue. I wouldn’t want my car with broken parking sensors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts