Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I did a road trip involving driving in wintery weather in Canada. In the middle of the trip, during a section with some sleet, my parking sensor system failed and started showing the Parking System Sensor Fault issue.

I already followed the procedure here:

But it didn't fix my problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Because this is a US car and I'm in Canada, this is a particularly difficult situation where I prefer not to deal with back-n-forth warranty claims and trying to get American Honda to compensate Canada Honda, etc etc.

Are there any diagnostics tools I can use to figure out what's wrong here?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just used a spray bottle + windshield fluid to deice all my sensors. I managed to get the system to stay on instead of self-disabling instantly.

The front right sensor seems to not be picking anything up. I guess that might be the culprit.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,042 Posts
Sensors like that as well as adaptive cruise/lane keeping once they get covered by snow, especially wet snow and ice dont function.
doesn’t matter what brand of car you have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For sure. The main thing I'm worried about is whether they will cover me under warranty. All except one of the sensors are working. The front right is not picking up anything, despite de-icing attempts.

Sensors like that as well as adaptive cruise/lane keeping once they get covered by snow, especially wet snow and ice dont function.
doesn’t matter what brand of car you have. I

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,265 Posts
Just another reason it will take a very long time before I have confidence in self-driving cars here.

OP, maybe when it has some time to thaw out completely. Have you tried leaving it in a heated garage for several hours or overnight?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
I know, right?

I drove my 08 Pilot SE to work this morning in a Midwestern snowstorm!.

I pull into the parking lot, and the gosh darn thing wouldn't even park itself! I actually had to LOOK for a parking space, and then park in it!
And with all the lines covered in snow, that system (that I don't really have either) didn't recognize which lane I was in and I actually had to DRIVE my Freak'n Pilot while it was going down the road! Oh the Humanity!

OK, OP, I understand you want your Pilots features to work correctly.
I just had to vent.

OH yeah, I'd blame it on the Canadians and their Highways too! They got people like PlPl living up there, must be nuts! LOL

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,265 Posts
Even when they're not covered in snow, I have a personal conspiracy theory that as a make-work, repeat-every-spring boondoggle they "paint" the lane markers with that hopscotch sidewalk chalk that's guaranteed to wash off with the first rainfall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts