Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I put the parking brake in "D" the Pilot still tends to move forward (even if the accelarator is not pressed). Is this normal for all Pilots or does my parking brakes have a problem....just wondering:jester:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Have you fully engaged the parking brake? A light push on the parking brake pedal will turn the "Brake" light on the dash on -- I sometimes engage the parking brake and feel the Pilot inch forward so I have to step on the parking brake pedal and push it in more (if that makes any sense).

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
makes sence...so if it is fully engaged...does the Pilot not move at all...I know mine does...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tad of a roll

I get that slight forward roll also, whether I engage the parking brake before or after shifting to Park.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
ramirami said:
If I put the parking brake in "D" the Pilot still tends to move forward (even if the accelarator is not pressed). Is this normal for all Pilots or does my parking brakes have a problem....just wondering:jester:
You will get a very slight movement - VERY slight actually. I just went out and set mine "firmly", as I would if I were parking on an incline, and even pressing the accelerator slightly, would not force the car to move. In fact, the FRONT of the car would even raise a bit as I gave it more gas.

Perhaps you are not setting the brake firm enough for the conditions.

:confused:

Good luck!
rod

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
ramirami said:
makes sence...so if it is fully engaged...does the Pilot not move at all...I know mine does...
Okay, I just parked my Pilot on my very slightly inclined driveway (both backwards and forwards) with the parking brake fully engaged and the Pilot did not inch forward/backward in either situation... perhaps it's time for a visit to the shop?? :8: :(

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Have the brake adjusted

Mine needed to be tightened at the first oil change.
It does take a firm push to near the floor to set it well.

Remeber the parking Brake is on the back wheels and the Transmission locks the front.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey N_jay,

Thanx...guess I will have the dealer look at it when I get my first oil change (ok not my oil change but my pilot's :cool: ) since now I have to push it ALL the way down for it to be firm..

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Must be a Handa thing.

That is about how mine was at first.

AND;

My CR-V was about the same till it was adjusted.

The important part is to use it all the time, and to use it firmly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts