Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we first got our Pilot, by mistake I set off the panic button on the keyless entry fob. In the last week I was trying to do it on purpose (just to test it) on both fobs and NOTHING. Anyone else have this problem? Did I have to reset it after setting it off? Please help - I like to know it's there if I ever really need it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I make same mistake too ...

First time it was embarrassing because I didn't know how to stop it (turns out just press any button). No I don't run into the problem you have, as mine works all the time (still making this mistake). You must have a spare one. I received two when I got the Pilot. Have you tried the spare one too? If it doesn't work, you should take it to the dealer for warranty.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I believe your doors have to be locked for the panic button to work.

I use it occasionally to help find the Pilot in a crowded parking lot. Or you can use the lock button over and over which creates the less obnoxious chirp instead.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
There's a delay

There's about a 1-2 second delay in the PANIC button. There's also a delay when trying to turn it off. I got kind of confused by it at first. I kept getting impatient when trying to turn it off and I'd press it again and turn it back on.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Re: There's a delay

krygny said:
There's about a 1-2 second delay in the PANIC button. There's also a delay when trying to turn it off. I got kind of confused by it at first. I kept getting impatient when trying to turn it off and I'd press it again and turn it back on.
oh man, I did the same thing. I was in a panic after trying to turn it off and realizing I was hitting the panic button over and over!

Just relax and don't PANIC:eek:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Re: There's a delay

gopilot said:
oh man, I did the same thing. I was in a panic after trying to turn it off and realizing I was hitting the panic button over and over!

Just relax and don't PANIC:eek:
OK, I'll try not to panic next time. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts