Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! We have a 2015 CRV and a new 2021 Pilot. On of the things my little kids.love.on our CRV is having Pandora on the infotainment system. The little photos of the album playing (in most cases kids songs) is a fun way to keep their attention. I was disappointed to see the new Pilot doesn't have Pandora on the infotainment system. I understand you can link to Pandora playing on your phone through blue tooth, but then you lose some of the comparability and images of the Pandora app. Is there a way to install Pandora to the Pilot? Sorry if it's a silly question, but we enjoy Pandora and haven't worked through all the new features of the car yet.

·
Registered
936 Posts
While I am not familiar with new Pilots, I have an Alpine head unit in mine which supports Pandora in two forms:
1. Bluetooth Pandora. It is essentially a source of its own, separate from Bluetooth Audio. It talks to Pandora app on the phone, it shows album art, and it allows to tag songs with like/dislike. I suspect that is the flavor of Pandora you got on CRV. One thing though, this kind of Pandora can be rather finicky, often refusing to engage. I can still set car unit to 'Bluetooth Audio' and just play Pandora from phone, but then there is no album art or option to like.

2. Android Auto. Once phone is connected via USB, Pandora is one of the apps available on Android Auto. I suppose on Carplay too if you got iPhone.

I am quite positive that 2020 Pilot has Android Auto/Apple Carplay and you should be able to use Pandora through that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.