Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
David, did your dealer offer a separate warranty for the paint???

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Warranty against fading, etc. which down here is pretty common. Especially on Red or darker colors. I suppose common out west too. I always get it - xtra $300 bucks. AS soon as I don't get it the paint will come off in sheets. Ya know how that goes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sage said:
Warranty against fading, etc. which down here is pretty common. Especially on Red or darker colors. I suppose common out west too. I always get it - xtra $300 bucks. AS soon as I don't get it the paint will come off in sheets. Ya know how that goes. :rolleyes:
Really? And you find that you might need it? Gosh, is the sun so much better down there?:31: I have heard it might be...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paint warranty

The paint protection and fabric, leather/ vinyl protection is offerred by the dealer. The cost is $599 for six years. The paint protection covers weather induced fading, loss of gloss, permanent hard water etching, industrial fallout, bird droppings, tree sap and acid rain.
The fabric, leather and vinyl warranty protects against fading and permanent staining caused by food, drink, and oil-based stains through normal use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paint warranty

This is the first time I have heard of a paint warranty. It sounds like a good deal for six years. The permanent hard water stains is something I have on two of my other cars.

Has anyone ever used the warranty in the past with another Honda vehicle? Is it completely up to the dealer to decide if the paint is bad enough to do something about it? Will they go as far as repainting the whole vehicle?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I was dumb enough to purchase a paint sealant protection when we were picking up the Pilot. It's a lifetime warranty that protects against any paint fade, blemish or against any other problems related to paint for the lifetime of the car.

Of course, I can't claim against paint damage from chips or dings created from outside source.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
macbethderham said:

Really? And you find that you might need it? Gosh, is the sun so much better down there?:31: I have heard it might be...
Well not better. Just hotter. I don't know - It's just something I've always gotten (Is that a word?...lol) with a new car. The sun can be wicked especially parked outside all day with no protection. If nuttin' else, it makes me feel better having it. :31:

·
Registered
148 Posts
David....look out

I note you have a couple of polls...paint warranty....upholstry warranty....these are all dealer "packs". Very "ripoff" IMHO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will watch out, and that is why I am asking current Pilot owners for their input. I also have a poll on rust warranty. I am not sure everyone realizes that the original warranty from Honda for rust is 60 months and unlimited mileage.
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was never offered a paint warranty option but i had to bring it back to the dealer because the factory missed a couple spots near on the front end of my Black Pilot. The spots were not smooth and had a primer feel to it and a hazy look. The had no problem fixing it. I read the Pilot manual and it does state that if there are any paint defects to bring it back to the dealer. So in my opinion the paint job is under the regular warranty.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I originally purchased a "Car Care" warranty, as they referred to it, which covered the paint and interior. I cancelled it though because I was lied to and cheated by the Finance Guy. The lies regarding this particular package was that he told me it would cover damage done by bird droppings and acid rain/hard water spots. However, the small print on the paper work specifically excluded these types of damage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts