Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2016 Honda Pilot and just recently noticed that the paint on the roof of my car has just come off. It is in an area above the windshield and before my sunroof, has anyone else had this issue. I have attached a picture and of course my warranty just expired.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Dang. ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recall posts by some Odyssey owners over on the Odyclub forum where the paint in that area on certain years’ white models was peeling. May want to do a search over there to see if they found any resolution with Honda. Good luck, M.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Mine is 2016, blue color. Just checked and didn’t see that in that area. However, I noticed some paints were “scraped” off, along sides on both fenders, where they meet the hood. They are like “stone chips”, along the edges, but with no dents. Definitely not the best quality paint I have seen. I still have the 6 year/100,000 km extended warranty, but not sure if these issues are covered or not. I have to pay estimate fees to find out. Not willing to pay that. Of course if it’s under warranty, no need to pay. Knowing Honda, almost nothing is covered once your regular warranty is over.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I know this was an issue with Taffeta White on older Hondas... this is crappy to hear and makes me sad. I'd contact the dealer first and Honda corporate second and see if you can get any assistance. As you can see in my signature, I've owned plenty of vehicles and most of them had plenty of years and miles on them and I have NEVER had this happen. This is not acceptable IMO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Guys,

Look what I discovered last night. Mine is the "Pearl White". The photo you are looking at is the tailgate, where the plastic spoiler meets the metal. My guess is the plastic spoiler vibrates against the metal. Upon further inspectionI found bubbling paint and rust forming where the tailgate release button panel meets the metal tailgate. My vehicle is a 2017 and has about 75,000kms on it. Waiting for a response from Honda Canada......will update when they get back to me.

FYI.....Dealer told me there is a surface corrosion / paint warranty.......36 mos / unlimited KMS..........

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have a white 2020 Pilot, and I’m pretty disappointed in the Honda paint quality. There’s a lot of dust specs and bubbles in the clear coat. I had heard that the white Honda’s have pretty bad paint quality, but the only color options I had for the spec I wanted were white and maroon so I chose the white. I never knew other colors had paint issues tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts