Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody in this forum observe tiny pockmarks on the body of the Pilot while detailing with wax or Zaino? I observed these while waxing the car today. They look like paint bubbles. Will it effect the surface and cause rust underneath?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
What do they look like?

Do they go all the way through the paint, or are thy just in the pear/metalic coat?
Do you have a solid clear coat over them?

If you see primer, or metal have them looked at by the dealer.
If you see color but with a blemish under the clear coat, don't worry.

I have a few little imperfections in the metalic coat but well under the clear coat on my HB pilot.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I did take note to what could best be described as a sand like substance under my paint. (Starlight Silver) The dealer actually pointed it out to me. The surface however feels smooth, go figure. I'm not too worried about it though since it seems sealed tight and from more than 12" away is not even noticeable. To be honest I wonder if it has something to do with the metallic somehow. Contrast?

Again as long as it is sealed up tight I'm not worried.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for our responses. I am not worried since I do not see any primer. Also they are few and not readily visible. I think it is left over from the paint process.

They look like tiny blemishes on the surface of the paint. I will try and post a photograph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts