Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original owner; 2013 Pilot 4WD ~80k miles. Oil is clean & full. The CEL & VTM-4 light randomly came on with code P3400. The car feels low on power and shudders above 55 mph. The ECO light also doesn't turn on anymore. I did a quick search and this seems to be a code for an oil pressure switch on the firewall-side of the engine that deals with VCM.

I'm hoping that throwing on a new switch will fix it and this isn't some serious VCM-related engine issue. I've been meticulous about regular synthetic oil changes since new. The car also had a Muzzler for about 30k of its 80k mile life. I only took it off because it caused the temp gauge to bounce around and constantly tripped a low engine temp thermostat code.

:(

·
Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
40 Posts
Original owner; 2013 Pilot 4WD ~80k miles. Oil is clean & full. The CEL & VTM-4 light randomly came on with code P3400. The car feels low on power and shudders above 55 mph. The ECO light also doesn't turn on anymore. I did a quick search and this seems to be a code for an oil pressure switch on the firewall-side of the engine that deals with VCM.

I'm hoping that throwing on a new switch will fix it and this isn't some serious VCM-related engine issue. I've been meticulous about regular synthetic oil changes since new. The car also had a Muzzler for about 30k of its 80k mile life. I only took it off because it caused the temp gauge to bounce around and constantly tripped a low engine temp thermostat code.

:(
I had same thing happen. I replaced cylinder 4 sparkplug, all is good. It's the vcm causing a foiled plug.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought I'd update this thread. I replaced both oil pressure switches and that fixed the issue.

Noticed my gas mileage also increased a little. My theory is it's because the VCM system is working more effectively now with the new pressure switches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts