Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have changed all 6 sparkplugs by mobile mechanic and #2 cylinder ignition coil changed by meineke shop. I was get codes on cylinders 2,4,5. Now just flashing Check engine light for p302 on cylinder#2 again. It has 137000 miles on it and it's a 2011 Honda Pilot. It would not pull with flashing cel the 1st time then now it shaking sounds rough. What could it be now?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hello. I have changed all 6 sparkplugs by mobile mechanic and #2 cylinder ignition coil changed by meineke shop. I was get codes on cylinders 2,4,5. Now just flashing Check engine light for p302 on cylinder#2 again. It has 137000 miles on it and it's a 2011 Honda Pilot. It would not pull with flashing cel the 1st time then now it shaking sounds rough. What could it be now?
Sorry we missed your post somehow.
Just looking up code P0302, you have changed the plug and coil on cylinder #2, Have you varified the coil has fire by pulling it, placing an old plug in the coil and grounding it to see if its firing? Have you checked for a crack in the air intake tube? Also, the mass airflow sensor (MAF) should be cleaned as well. But since you had several misfire codes, you may have have a cam position sensor thst faulty or even a VVT solenoid issue. This effects timing and can cause random misfire codes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got another mobile mechanic to come out to look at our Honda pilot. So he checked all of the sparkplugs again and the prior mobile mechanic only changed the front 3 sparkplugs cylinders (4,5,& 6) The back sparkplugs (1,2,&3) were the ones that you can only get from Honda service as he (new mobile mechanic) used to be a Honda mechanic. So he changed the 1, 2, & 3 cylinders and misfiring stopped. So the 1st mobile mechanic lied and didn't change all of them like he told me and charged me for.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I got another mobile mechanic to come out to look at our Honda pilot. So he checked all of the sparkplugs again and the prior mobile mechanic only changed the front 3 sparkplugs cylinders (4,5,& 6) The back sparkplugs (1,2,&3) were the ones that you can only get from Honda service as he (new mobile mechanic) used to be a Honda mechanic. So he changed the 1, 2, & 3 cylinders and misfiring stopped. So the 1st mobile mechanic lied and didn't change all of them like he told me and charged me for.
Wow, that's bad. So much dishonesty. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is. That could have saved me a lot of money. I replaced the #2 cylinder ignition coil in a shop and paid him to change 6 sparkplugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts