Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P2626 - O2 Sensor Pumping Current Trim Circuit/Open Bank 1 Sensor 1

2010 EX throwing the above code. I don't see anything on this across these forums. Anyone experience this? Think the fix is just replacing that sensor?

I have a rough idle, black smoke out of the exhaust, vehicle hesitates a bit during acceleration. Blinking CEL, VSA, VTM-4 all illuminated.
Thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From yourmechanic.com:
What Causes the P2626 Code?
The P2626 code is caused by a number of possible issues, including:
  • Damaged or defective oxygen bank 1 sensor 1
  • Damaged, defective, shorted, or open sensor harness
  • Damaged or defective oxygen sensor electrical connectors
  • Faulty or blown fuse for the oxygen sensor
  • Too low or too excessive fuel pressure
  • Possible vacuum leak in the engine
  • Possible exhaust leak
  • Damaged or defective oxygen sensor 1
  • Damaged or faulty ECM (rare)
What Repairs can Fix the P2626 Code?

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
I always start with the easy stuff... Fuse, burnt wire, short in a connector, vacuum leak. But the fact that you have black smoke leads me to believe you may have the fuel issue. Even with a bad O2 sensor, never had one cause black smoke. It may be a combination of. I'll do anything to keep my vehicles out of the shop. There is a way to test O2 sensors. If I have done the checks, I replace. Especially if it's never been replaced.
Has the rest of the maintenance been done?
Air filter
Clean the MAF
Air intake leak free
Spark plugs
PCV
Disable VCM

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps I should add that the Pilot threw this code about a month ago, but I didn't have stuttering during idle, etc. It resolved itself inside a day (I didn't have time to address a fix), and actually went in and passed an inspection. Now the P2626 is back.

Is that further telling or does that kind of thing rule anything out? Perhaps that means it's not a fuse kind of thing??

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Perhaps I should add that the Pilot threw this code about a month ago, but I didn't have stuttering during idle, etc. It resolved itself inside a day (I didn't have time to address a fix), and actually went in and passed an inspection. Now the P2626 is back.

Is that further telling or does that kind of thing rule anything out? Perhaps that means it's not a fuse kind of thing??
Correct.
Could still have a short in the wire or faulty conection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts